Reload this Page >

Discount Airline out of Brussels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 01:17 PM
David

A while back someone on this board recommended a discount airline out of Brussels. And I forgot the name. Can anyone refresh my memory? Thanks, D

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 01:32 PM
Love

Virginexpress.com<BR>also try:<BR>aerfares.com

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 01:43 PM
Tony

David,<BR>I do not know if this is what you remember but this link will get you to several European destinations at budget rates.<BR>http://www.ryanair.com/<BR><BR>Tony

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 01:55 PM
Myriam

Ryanair must be the company you're looking for. It's the only discount airline there is from Brussels. <BR>In fact the airport they use is not Brussels International but Brussels South (Charleroi) which is about 70 km from Brussels Intl. Airport.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Love

Myriam,<BR>Please know what you're talking about before you speak up. www.virginexpress.com is based in Brussels. It's the little baby of VirginAtlantic.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Rex

No, I think David is asking about www.brussels-airlines.com - - the reincarnation of what was left of Sabena.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:19 PM
Myriam

Love to travel,<BR>I don't consider Virgin Express as a discount airline. Bought a ticket last month BRU-LHR for 143,90 euro!<BR>If I would have had the time to drive to Charleroi and make the traject Stansted-London City I could have flown Ryanair for 33,45 eur (thirty-three point forty-five) roundtrip on the same dates! That's what I call discount.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Love

Myriam,<BR>I've just checked their web site and priced one-way BRU-LHR on Sep.15 and it came back with E17.22 + unforunately E20.78 in taxes for a total of E38.00. That's a pretty good price as far as I'm concerned.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:41 PM
xx

Love to travel and Myriam: you are both right. But at least Myriam does not have an attitude.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Myriam

Love to travel, <BR>I suggest you to compare prices for a flight (my flight) on Oct. 18 to London Heathrow and back on Oct. 19 to Brussels ...<BR>VEX: 144.92 (I've even done a good deal with my 143.90!!)<BR>RYAN: 33.45

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:54 PM
Love

xx,<BR>Attitude is in the eye of the beholder.<BR>Anyway, I still think that www.aerfares.com, is the best. It compares ALL the budget airline fares between 2 points in Europe.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:58 PM
Love

Sorry,<BR>www.aerfares.net

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 03:05 PM
Love

Myriam, <BR>For the dayes you provided, yes, RyanAir is the cheapest. My point was that you can't forget about VirginExpress.<BR>Also, another good option is the Eurostar. After all you go from center to center of each city. If you add the extra cost and time involved in some of these airports. Eurostar looks very attractive. Just mu opinion.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Myriam

Love to travel,<BR>I've done the trip on Eurostar. It's a long boring trip as I have to take 2 trains before I can board the Eurostar in Brussels. And is even more expensive than VEX.<BR>

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 05:11 PM
pete

VG airlines runs a non-stop between JFK-BRU and Boston-Brussels. Is that the one you were thinking of?

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 07:38 PM
topper

to the top<BR>

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 05:22 AM
Rex

"Topping" as an example of a flaw in the current "updated" indexing.<BR><BR>Like other posts in late August and early September (roughly between Aug 22 and Sep 9), this thread appears NOT to be indexed. It cannot be retrieved by searching "Brussels", for example.<BR>

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 05:38 AM
BTilke

Are you referring to flights within Europe or transatlantic flights? Citybird used to offer inexpensive transatlantic flights (nonstop from Orlando and Miami to Brussels and back). My parents flew them a couple of times (about $350 RT economy and $1400 RT business). However, they are no longer in business, haven't been for a while. Too bad, they were economical and they flew into the *real* Brussels airport. <BR>I am not a fan of Ryanair, I find it inconvenient and their marketing practices deceptive (they were hauled into court, for example, for doing ads comparing their rates to Sabena's without noting that they were comparing their cheapest rate to the Sabena BUSINESS class fare). Charleroi is NOT "Brussels south" except from a Ryanair marketing viewpoint. <BR>With enough advance planning, I can often find airfares on regular airlines (Virginexpress, Crossair, Austrian Airlines, etc.) that are not much more more expensive than Ryanair and certainly more convenient and with better customer service (or as one Belgian friend asked, "customer service? Does Ryanair actually have ANY customer service?").

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 12:52 PM
jackie

Anthony,<BR>Ryanair might have crap customer service but, having just flown from Dublin to Charleroi(ok, so it's not Brussels but there is a coach serving the main station in Brussels) for 12.99euros (+ tax), how can you complain? Anyway, I've flown Aer Lingus for much higher fares and their customer service is one of the worst I have ever encountered.God knows why Aer Lingus need to charge the fares they do, it's certainly not for high quality customer service..