dinner with the tenors?

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 12:03 PM
lydia

dinner with the tenors?

Has anyone had experience with this "tour option"? It is 59.00 per person. Any feed back would be appreciated.. thanks

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Sheila

We did a "Dinner with Tenors"as a tour option in Rome in 1999. It was with the tour group "Goahead Vacations" so I don't know if it would be the same thing or not. We enjoyed it very much. The music was great and the food very good. They picked people out of the audience to get on stage. It was a lot of fun.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 12:43 PM
marty

We, too, did that in the summer of 1999 with Go-Ahead. We loved it. Everyone there seemed to have a great time. It was in a very small restaurant, and there were more than the 3 tenors to sing. They were all from the Rome Opera, and their voices were so strong that it stood our hair on end. It remains one of the best "tour option" kinds of things that I have ever done.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Lydia

Was this the" magic of italy "tour with Go-Ahead? We are booked on it this June..Any other feedback on Go-Ahead would be appreciated!!

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Sheila

My tour was Venice, Florence and Rome in June of 1999. It was my first trip to Italy and I felt it would give me a good taste of the area. I was very happy with the tour director and the tour. We did not take all of the tour optionals so we could have free time on our own to wander and shop, etc. We ended up with a free day in each city to do our own thing. I think you will be happy with the "Dinner with Tenors". We did an optional dinner in Fiesole which is a beautiful little town with great views. We also had side trips to Orvieto (great pottery), Pompeii and Pisa. Have a great time. The food is wonderful especially ice cream.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Norma

I'm doing the Rome, Paris, London trip in June with Go Ahead Vacations also and am doing the dinner with tenors also. How are the 3 star hotels with Go Ahead? I went to Austria, Germany & Switzerland with them and was quite satisfied but in trying to find information on the hotels on this trip I have not had much success. Anyone done this trip?