Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Dear Fodors, Your search engine does not work very well.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 08:13 AM
Richard

Dear Fodors, <BR><BR>Your search engine does not work very well. I know I have stuff posted here but it never shows up. I can find my answers.<BR><BR>What a shame.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 09:37 AM
Rex

Many f "us" have written and complained about this - - the search engine can only find what has been "indexed" - - a batch process that they do not run frequently. The last indexing seems to have been run January 9. Any thread started since then (two to three THOUSAND?) can not be retrieved by the search engine.<BR><BR>Sorry to share this crummy news with you.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Richard

I think they just indexed this week because when i search i get more current dated items.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Richard

Today I put in the word "Germany" and got nothing.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Rex

I disagree that they have indexed recently. My test is simple: I search on my name - - because I add my name at the bottom of each post. And the only threads that come up are those on which I posted before January 9. There are threads that have had seomrthing post more recently.<BR><BR>But none STARTED on or AFTER January 9 come up in ANY search - - as far as I know.<BR>

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 01:44 PM
sheesh

And God knows you post on every damn thread, Rex.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 01:53 PM
anon

.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Actually, if you click on Germany in the subject search box, the search will retrieve up-to-date results just fine.<BR><BR>Not just those since January 9.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>.