Dinner in Paris near L'Europeen?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 07:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've booked tickets for our trip this month for two shows at L'Europeen, at Place de Clichy. One show begins at 8 p.m., the other at 8:30. If you've been there, pls advise if we should plan on dinner there, or can you suggest an interesting place nearby for earlier dinner? Or is it better to have dinner after the show?

We're staying at an apartment in the 7eme, near Rue St Dominique, so are also looking for good restaurants/bars/music places in the neighborhood, if you have suggestions.

My email: [email protected]

Thanks!
Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 09:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
At place de Clichy, there are several famous seafood places, the two main ones being the huge Wepler, and also Charlot 1er. There is also a Léon de Bruxelles and a Bistro Romain on the place -- both of these chain restaurants are very reliable. There is also... errrr... a McDonald's and a KFC.
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 03:19 AM

Rue St. Dominque is practically owned by Christian Constant who has at least 4 and probably more, wonderful restaurants there--Violon d'Ingres a one star at the high end, Fables de la Fontaine, some of the best fish/seafood I've ever eaten, especially the shrimp in wonton crust with lime and basil dipping sauce--my current all time favorite dish, Les Cocottes, which means little pots and is very casual, and Cafe Constant a fairly typical bistro with reasonable prices.

In Place de Clichy, we ate lunch at Wepler and found the food surprisingly good. It's one of the few remaining independently owned and operated Brasseries remaining in Paris. Enjoy
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 05:22 AM

Apart from Christian Constant's wonderful restaurants you are also close by to Le Florimond, La Fontaine de Mars, and Thoumieux.
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 06:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I will be staying near the Place de Clichy for two weeks in November. Taking notes here on the restaurants, but also on the theater, L'Europeen. It looks like it might be a good place to catch some music close to home.

Any other comments about the area?
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 09:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Well, Place de Clichy is considered to be one end of the northern 'sex zone.' Still respectable (even if McDonald's shares its building with a gay sex shop), but with a slightly seedy flavor. Very Parisian.

In terms of music venues, the area is a major place for that. Besides l'Européen, there is La Cigale, Le Trianon, l'Elysée Montmartre and quite a few other places.
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 09:55 AM

I've been to a concert at l'Europeen (Maxime le Forestier, how great is that), it was just lat year or so. I really like the venue, it's a nice, fairly small place for a concert so no seat is too bad. It is a regular type of concert hall setup, though, with seats in rows like a theatre.

I didn't eat right at place Clichy, more towards place de la Trinite (I ate at Bistro des Deux Theatre at 18, rue Blanche) as I was in a hotel down near there. However, the same owners of Bistro des Deux Theatre also have a place right at place Clichy, so you could give that a try, they are fairly concistent across their several bistros in town. That is the Bistro Melrose at 5, place du Clichy. This is that company's website where you can see photos and the menu with prices.
http://www.bistrocie.fr