Dining in Krakow, Poland - Help

Mar 20th, 1999, 02:46 PM
Edward

Dining in Krakow, Poland - Help

We will be in Krakow for several days and are anxious to hear of any great dining experiences you have had. Thanks

Mar 20th, 1999, 05:16 PM
Gregory Johnson

Edward:
In Cracow there is a place called the Centrum. Go there. It is there I found my favorite food. The oldest restaracja
there dates back hundreds of years.
Enjoy!!!
Gregory

Mar 21st, 1999, 09:26 PM
Lukasz M.

Best restaurants are right in the center of the city, at Rynek Glowny.
Upscale "Wierzynek" and "Hawelka". Also Acropolis on Grodzka St, at Rynek Glowny. On Grodzka St, there are many good and inexpensive restaurants and bars ( Kuchnia Polska, Andaluzyjska, even Pizza Hut)

Lukasz

May 2nd, 1999, 10:03 AM
Gino

If you're going to be in Krakow for several days, try the resturant in the Hotel Pollera. Good food and best bang for the buck. Very popular with the locals.

May 2nd, 1999, 07:11 PM
gpotvin

We ate at a great restaurant about one block south of Rynek Glowney on Sienna street near the cathederal. I don't remember the name, but it is on the left as you walk away from the square. Lots of good lpocal food at a reasonable price.

Sep 8th, 1999, 08:49 PM
Mike

What restaurants are considered "the" best in Krakow?

Sep 14th, 1999, 05:15 AM
Kasia

I live in Cracow. The best Polish dinning is offered by the restaurant " Pod Aniolami ". It is located on Grodzka street ( of the Market Square toward the Wawel Castle). Every Cracovian will tell you where it is exactly. Also your hotel in Krakow will tell you how to get there.
Enjoy Cracow !

Sep 14th, 1999, 08:12 AM
kathy

Edward, I agree with Kasia. I couldn't think of the name of the restaurant, but had our best meal there. Friendly and helpful people who helped us through the entire meal. Food was very, very good. Enjoy your visit in Krakow. Wish we had stayed in the area longer than we did. We took the overnight train to and from Berlin - not a bad trip at all in 1997.

Sep 16th, 1999, 04:45 AM
peb

My wife and I had a very good dining experience this past summer at the restaurant, which is at the extreme southeast corner (south side) of Rynek Glowney. Sorry don't remember the name, but I believe it started with "Il" or "El". I blush to say that it was Italian food. It had a nice patio (as most do on the square), but the interior was marvelous as well. The service was excellent and the prices were very modest (Cdn$15 each including wine and an appetizer).

Dec 13th, 1999, 03:41 PM
karen

the name of that italian place is Da Pietro and it is wonderful! There's also a good non-polish place in cloth hall called sukiennce -- but it's a little pricey.