Search

Dingle Peninsula Alternatives

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 06:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dingle Peninsula Alternatives

Hi all,

We are planning on two evenings on the Dingle Peninsula for our May 06 trip. Dingle seems to be the obvious choice for which town to stay in, but I want to at least consider other areas.

Which towns other than Dingle on the peninsula have you stayed in and what did you like/not like about your choice?

We don't need there to be a lot to do in the actual town. Though a pub with a toastie would be nice.

Also, have any of you stayed at Slea Head Farm?

Thanks,
oopsy
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 09:11 AM

oopsy,

Budman and other regular posters rave about The Shores B&B near Castlegregory on the peninusula.

If you do a search, hopefully you'll find more info.
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Oops...Somehow I missed that in my notes. Thank you for the reminder. I just emailed. Hopefully rooms will be available!

oopsy
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 12:20 PM

oopsy, Most people prefer to stay in Dingle town because of access to pubs, restaurants, etc. If that doesn't interest you then by all means try to stay at The Shores Country House. It is fabulous. It is in a very rural area on the north coast of the Dingle Peninsula. There are a couple of pubs/restaurants in the area. If they are serving dinner at The Shores on the night you are there, by all means indulge. It will be one of the better meals you have in Ireland.

I took a look at Slea Head Farm a few years ago when it first opened and it was okay. I have not stayed there.

Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks IrishEyes. I think we'll be okay with remote for a couple of nights. We'll be in Galway for a couple of nights beforehand, and will follow with a few nights in Kenmare. It might be nice to have that kind of calm midway through the trip.