Dijon Station vs Dijon Ville ??

Apr 26th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Original Poster

Dijon Station vs Dijon Ville ??

Earlier today I checked out ticket availability through voyages-sncf.com and was able to obtain pricing from PREM tickets from Paris Gare De Lyon to Dijon Station for 40E. We plan to pickup a car rental at the Dijon Station.

This evening, although I choose Dijon Station as the destination for the train travel, the choices kept coming up as paris Gare de Lyon to Dijon Ville.

Can anyone assist me on what I may be doing incorrectly. I'm pretty sure I want Dijon Station, although I make that choice, it does not stay that way during the search process.

Any helpful hints would be appreciated.
Apr 26th, 2006, 06:42 PM

As I know it there is only one rail station in Dijon. Coco should be getting on line soon and she will straighten this out, I'm sure.
Apr 26th, 2006, 09:05 PM

The train station in Dijon is called Dijon-ville, as opposed to stations in the suburbs, such as Plombières-les-Dijon.
Apr 27th, 2006, 06:12 AM

Hi,
Actually there are 2 stations in Dijon! Dijon ville and Dijon Porte Neuve but the second one is mainly for local trains and people from the north of Dijon who go to Dijon to work.
It will be the main station in 2025 (only a project for now)and will welcome le TGV Rhin-Rhône.
http://www.grand-dijon.fr/content?id=11568 in french.

40€ was it for 1st class? because you can get prem tickets as low as 25€. What dates did you ask?
Apr 28th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Original Poster

The 40euros was for 2 tickets, 2nd class.......sorry for taking so long to get back....

I've been out wine-ing at a Wine Enthusiast event at Chicago's Field Museum and networking with industry folks.

Gee these things take up soooo much time.

Thanks for the responses. I've booked these tickets...now I'm really committed. Hope I can find hotels...eeek!
Apr 28th, 2006, 09:22 PM

You might ask about Coco's rental flat in Dijon. Lovely place right in the center, and she is a lovely person. Her web site is:

http://myhomeindijon.com/

Have a lovely trip!

Apr 29th, 2006, 05:47 AM
ira

ttt
Apr 29th, 2006, 10:05 AM

Dick and Ira thank you!
I'm glad delvino contacted me yesterday because I'm afraid the website which hosts mine is updating things and then nobody can read mine meanwhile..
Hope it won't be too long!
Apr 29th, 2006, 10:29 AM

Coco--

I looked at your website yesterday. Your flat looks lovely! I am tentatively arranging my parents' first trip to Europe sometime in the far future, but I am keeping this in the back of my mind--I think they would love it!!

Michelle
Apr 29th, 2006, 11:09 AM

Thanks Michelle
It would be an honor for me to welcome your parents for their first trip to Europe!
BTW my website is back to work, pff!