digital photo processing

Old May 9th, 2004, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
digital photo processing

Hi all

I doubt very much I'd have time or inclination to do this while on vacation, but thought I'd ask in case I happen to bump into one while in France:

what would the French equivalent of Ritz Camera be? Specifically - what I may do, if there is any down time at all, is try to print a few of my digital prints into 4x6s on the fly, to possibly use as postcards. For example in Ritz camera, you just pop in your card and print what you like - all of a few minutes.

I AM trying to figure out if I should go buy a few more cards, or the little download doohickey which will free up space on the card. I have a 256 card right now which can fill up if you use best res...
Old May 9th, 2004, 09:20 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Your choices are to purchase some kind of storage device...either a image-tank, which is like a portable hard drive, or a portable cd burner.

Your other option is to find a camera shop, film-developer, or an internet cafe and burn a disc there.

I would not have prints made, as that is just more weight to lug around.
Old May 9th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Jim!

It might be easiest to just get another 256 card. I am also taking my old carbuncle camera with me. I still think it takes the best shots. good ol' Bessie, still not convinced that digital is the be all and end all.

I wouldn't make prints and delete the shot, I would just select a few photos and print 4x6s and send them as postcards.

thanks again!
Old May 9th, 2004, 10:51 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would never delete a shot that was good enough to be printed until I had it stored somewhere. Just get more memory cards--they are cheap. I have a number of cards of various sizes, mostly gotten before the mega sized cards came out. I kind of prefer smaller sizes--in case of failure or, gasp, loss, you haven't lost everything.
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:09 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi

most big supermarkets in France do this by automatic machine;

Insert memory stick
choose pics & size
insert cash
press "print"

Peter
The Languedoc Page
http://tlp.netfirms.com
Old Mar 16th, 2005, 12:55 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What is not mentioned here is the memory card type. Not all are equal nor are they equally flexible.
Does anyone have specific experience with the xD type used by Olympus and Fugi cameras? Specifically whether you've been able to have the pictures burned to a CD in places like England, France and/or Italy.
I know that my camera needs specific drivers installed so I am not expecting to be able to offload pictures at Internet cafes.
Finally, my needs mainly revolve around being able to share my pictures with people back home. I intend to bring enough memory to avoid having to offload the pictures.