Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

did any one buy a ticket from www.gotoday.com?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2003, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband, our 1+ 1/2 year old toddler and I are planing to travel to Europe (thinking France) beginning of May or mid May for about 10 days. I found good prices on the above web site. But the web site does not show us the schedules. I am kind of hesitant to buy a ticket from them. I am not familiar with the hotels they are listed. We traveled to Paris twice before and I know 3 star hotels may not mean very much. <BR>I would appreciate any advice ( where to stay etc..) including travelling with a toddler.<BR>Thanks.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 10:24 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I took a trip to Paris and Rome with gotoday.com in March. My college aged daughter and I stayed at the Waldorf Montparnasse in Paris, which we enjoyed very much. We had a large room with one large bed and one small bed, which would probably be a good size for your family. <BR><BR>I searched on Google to find information about the hotel before booking. <BR><BR>The flight turned out to be a nonstop from Boston to Paris on Air France, and we were very pleased with the scheduling.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 11:47 AM

We used go-today for a trip to London and a friend of mine used it for a London-Paris trip. We were both very satisfied. We used the cheapest hotel option in London and I felt it was adequate. That is all we require in a hotel. If you require charm, you might need to go up (or down) on their list to a slightly higher choice.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 12:43 PM

I also used them for a trip to London in March and was very happy. I also stayed at the lowest price hotel (in this case the Apollo) and it was certainly ok. Most of the hotels they use are listed on other sites so you can check them out. Most of their flights are evening flights so it's unlikely you'd get something else (though possible). If you call them they will tell you how you can specify a certain time of day if you want and they'll try to accomodate you (but won't guarantee it). They gave me what I wanted.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 02:55 PM

We used go-today.com for Paris in November, 2000, and we very satified. We used a mid-range hotel. Do a search here, google, or other hotel sites, and check out the hotel locations, etc. <BR>No, go-today.com only provides your schedule once you've booked. We flew from Denver to Philly to Paris. If you book early enough, you can make seat selections yourself directly with the airlines once you've receive your documents. We booked about 2 months in advance, and received documents about 3 weeks in advance using their 'standard' delivery.<BR>In summary, we were pleased and would certainly use go-today.com again.<BR>Happy travels.
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your answers. We used to travel to Europe once a year before the baby(now toddler). This year we still want to go but I was not so sure about the site. I do not want wait too long at the airports with my kid and arrive to a dirty hotel<BR>Since you all had a good experience, I will give them a call.<BR>Thanks again.