Reload this Page >

Dental Work in Prague

Search

Dental Work in Prague

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 1999, 08:39 AM
kate rosset

Dental Work in Prague

The recent issue of Foder's Budget Travel magazine had a brief Q & A re dental work provided in Prague for a fraction of the U.S. cost. My partner needs extensive work which is estimated at $12,000 here. I have been unable to locate any more information on this topic - especially how to find a reputable dentist. Also, I would like to contact people who have had dental work done there before we consider it. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance.

Old Apr 30th, 2000, 02:06 PM
Nissa

Here's one vote for serious concern about foreign dental training. I would not consider it. It might be a fraction of the cost, and you might get a bare fraction of the infection control concern too. Do not assume standards of care for medicine or dentistry to be universal.

Old Apr 30th, 2000, 02:39 PM
Marco

<BR>To Nissa: <BR> <BR>Since the Czech Republic has a better infant mortality rate than the US maybe you should be a little more careful with your assumptions. <BR> <BR>To Kate: <BR> <BR>For such a major work I would be wondering about follows up, what if any problem develops after a while and the likes. Also how much time it will take? It will still substantially cheaper after factoring the travel and the stay? <BR> <BR>I gather that many Austrian do a similar trick with Hungarian dentists, but for them it is a day trip... <BR> <BR>Marco

Old Apr 30th, 2000, 03:25 PM
Rex

I am not familiar with FODOR'S Budget Travel magazine - - are you possibly talking about FROMMER'S Budget Travel magazine? This is McDonald's here, Kate - - not Burger King! Don't be asking for no Whoppers in here! <BR> <BR>Anyhow, if it appeared in Frommer's magazine, maybe you can find more info on www.frommers.com - - whoops!

Old Apr 30th, 2000, 05:49 PM
Patrick

This may sound very prejudiced, but spend one day walking around Prague, dealing with natives and get a good look at their teeth. Then ask yourself if you really want to have major dental work done there. Enough said.