Denmark country inns

Search

Denmark country inns

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Denmark country inns

Has anyone stayed at country inns in Denmark? I am thinking of two or three nights in the countryside, and maybe a night in Sweden, before going to Copenhagen in July. Suggestions?
Old May 20th, 2004, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nikki,
The countryside in Denmark is beautiful. I am not sure how many you are traveling with, but we will be in Denmark in July and have been having a very hard time finding places to stay in the countryside. July is a very popular month for the Danes to vacation. The website www.woco.dk or www.bedandbreakfast.dk would be good places to start.
Old May 20th, 2004, 09:17 PM

There are lots of hostels in Denmark and many have family rooms. These are usually modern, pleasant places with convenient facilities like laundries, kitchens, and so on. http://www.danhostel.dk
Old May 21st, 2004, 12:36 AM

The biggest organization of Inns in Denmark is Dansk Kroferie
http://www.dansk-kroferie.dk/index.php?&language=2
I usually use them if travelling from town to town and not renting a cabin, I would compare them with a Motel. There are other chains as well.
Old May 21st, 2004, 01:13 AM

Another chain would be
http://www.larsenhotel.dk/larsen_200...sh/velcome.htm
But must confess that I have only tried 'Dansk kroferie' myself, booked on the Internet and paid with credit card. Travelled from Inn to Inn two years ago.
Old May 21st, 2004, 03:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have been looking through some of the websites. Any ideas for particular inns? Any ideas for particular areas you have enjoyed?
Old May 21st, 2004, 03:37 AM
Original Poster

Forgot to add that I will be traveling with my husband and our eighteen year old daughter.
Old May 21st, 2004, 05:31 AM

Remember staying at one inn on Mön Island, Praestekilde I believe. There was not much happening at the location, but spending the day at the cliffs of Mön and Liselund summer castle and the small village Stege was nice. Renting a bike would be perfect for touring the small gravel roads, visiting the beach...
Old May 21st, 2004, 05:58 AM

Sorry received an incoming call.

I booked from 'Dansk kroferie' but a
quick search of www.visitmoen.com gave in addition other accommodation in the same area:
http://www.bakkegaarden64.dk/
http://www.tiendegaarden.dk/engelsk/GBforside.htm
Old May 22nd, 2004, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Helen, Mon sounds nice, any other countryside suggestions?
Old May 24th, 2004, 01:02 AM

I am no expert on Denmark, but I have good memories of Svendborg. We stayed at Hotel Troense (booked through Danske-kroer) on the nearby island Taasinge (bridge from Svendborg), but were a bit disappointed by the slightly dirty room. The good thing was our own entrance, but there are other hotels in Troense or closer to Svendborg town. http://www.svendborg.dk/sw1367.asp

We really liked the small town of Svendborg, maybe because it was not as flat as other Danish towns. We had some really good and inexpensive dinner at Valentinos Greek - Italian restaurant. We really felt welcome and felt like it was one happy family running the place. Walking to Waldemar Castle the woods from Troense was nice since we stayed nearby, but there was also a boat running between Svendborg and Valdemar slot. Did a daytrip to Aerö Island, visiting Aerö was very special and I brought home a lot of pictures. The ferry left from Svendborg harbour. We also visited Egeskov castle on or way between Odense and Svendborg, walking the maze was fun. In short we really liked the south of funen.

We also stayed at Scheelsminde hotel in Aalborg and did daytrips to Skagen, The haunted castle Voergaard and Jespershus flower park.
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Piaff, but my trip to Denmark was last summer.
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 01:34 PM

skagen/gamel skagen is fantastic. too far for 2 nights but may be ok for 3. it's been a while since i've been there so you'll have to check the schedule of you are interested.

i agree with lisale and would go even further to say that EVERYONE in denmark is on holiday for almost the entire month of july. knowing this, i would plan a bit more carefully than normal.
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 05:43 PM

What about the first week in Aug? We will be near Kolding for a night and not sure where to go for one more night in Denmark.