Del Senato or Colonna Palace?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any thoughts or recommendations on these hotel? Both have great locations, but does anything about these hotels set them apart? thanks for any feedback..
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:04 AM
rex

If the price(s) quoted to you are equal, then I would simply offer that the ability to look out your window, directly at the Pantheon (from del Senato) is incredible.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>[email protected]<BR>
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:32 AM

My husband and I stayed at the Del Senato last May and just loved it. It is a beautiful hotel in a fantastic location. We stayed in a room in the back of the hotel and had some noise from the alley at times. We could have stayed in the front, but we were concerned with noise from the plaza. But we met a couple who stayed in the front and they said noise was not a problem!(double glass windows I heard) Next time we go, I'm going to stay in the front and enjoy the view of the Pantheon.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 08:21 AM

We stayed at the Colonna Palace on the recommendation of friends. The location is excellent, the room was large, the service was good, but the best for us was the rooftop breakfast room. Truthfully, that is what we remember most...glorious views of the rooftops of Rome and St. Peters and with the church bells ringing on a Sunday morning, we were in heaven.<BR><BR>But we love the Pantheon piazza as well. Tough choice, but you can't lose either way.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:34 PM

We didn't stay at Colona Palace, but Del Senato last November. If you do a search you will find many comments about this hotel. We had a great experience at that hotel. This hotel is very &quot;Old World&quot; and romantic. The staff was helpful (made all our restaurant reservations for a week), and you can't beat the location. Our particular room was small, but very clean, comfortable, well-appointed, and tastefully decorated. Our french doors opened to a step-out balcony and a view of the facade and dome of the Pantheon (it was the top floor smack in the center). Surprisingly, although the Pantheon is a top sight, it was not too noisy (at least when we were sleeping). Late night and early morning were especially magical moments with the changing light over the rooftops of ancient Rome.