Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Deciding between 4 Piedmont hotels - help!

Old Sep 17th, 2021, 04:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello friends,

Still finalizing the Piedmont portion of my trip next summer. This is a 10th anniversary trip with my husband. It actually began as his 50th birthday trip in 2020 and, because of Covid, has been delayed twice and has morphed into an anniversary trip.

Every time I think I've found the perfect hotel, I do more research and find more gems. I am now deciding between these 4:

1) La Villa (I had it booked but canceled because it looked to be further from the wineries/towns we want to visit - La Morra, Barolo, Alba. But it does look gorgeous)
2) Villa Tiboldi (the grounds and rooms look lovely but the nearby town is nothing special. They have a restaurant on site which is nice)
3) Rocche Costamagna (Thank you, Mai Tai Tom! I was able to get room #4 which looks incredible with multiple terraces. It's also close to La Morra. But no restaurant and no pool. The least expensive of the bunch which my husband will like)
4) Castello di Sinio (we can only do a basic room so no balcony. Also, restaurant is only open 1 of the nights we are there. But it looks like a special occasion place and staying in a castle does seem romantic)

Would love to hear your input on any of these. We have 3 nights. I do like to idea of having "grounds" where we can relax on occasion but not totally necessary. I don't mind driving a bit to restaurants but don't want to be too far from the hotel when we do.

I've pretty much memorized all trip advisor reviews. What can I say, now that my kids are back in school after a long 18 MONTHS of being home due to covid, I have time on my hands and need something to look forward to

THANK YOU in advance for any and all advice!
Holly