COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Daytrips from Bergen, Norway

Old Mar 15th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Daytrips from Bergen, Norway

Aside from Norway in a Nutshell, can anyone tell me what day boat trips are available from Bergen? We plan to do the NIAN from Oslo to Bergen, but I'm wondering what other day trips are available once we reach Bergen. Are there trips going further north that we can do in one day?

Thanks for any info. Barb
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 08:46 AM

There are a variety of day boat trips but many of them are on high speed hydrofoils which are not particularly pleasant to be on. That is, you must be inside. For example, you can take a trip on the Hardengenfjord (sp?) to Ulvik. Or you can go on the Sognefjord to Balestrand. Consider traveling light and spending the night in one of the smaller town instead of returning to Bergen.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:12 AM

In addition to going on the catamaran to Balestrand you could do a Full day round trip to Hardanger and Eidsdal, recommend doing the optional tour to Voringsfossen waterfall on the Old road. http://www.fjord-tours.com/visartikkel.asp?art=117
If wanting a shorter trip you could do a half-day fjord tour on the White Lady, think it goes to Osterfjord north of Bergen but have not done this myself. There are also seaplanes going to the Glaciers. When in Bergen visit 'Troldhaugen' home of the composer Grieg.
I suggest taking a look at http://www.visitbergen.com/