Reload this Page >

Day trip to Chartres

Search

Day trip to Chartres

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 10:52 AM
Michael

Day trip to Chartres

I like to take a day trip to Chartres from Paris. What should i not miss?

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 11:43 AM
Dee

The cathedral.

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 12:06 PM
Ira

Hi Michael<BR> In addition to the Cathedral (don't miss the labyrinth) the town is worthwhile.<BR><BR> See<BR>http://www.jack-travel.com/IledeFran...City_Visit.htm

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:17 AM
fred

When seeing the town, be sure to the area behind and below the Cathedral. Narrow streets, a small river and a real village feel to it.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 08:51 AM
Gretchen

Do not miss Malcolm Miller's tour of the cathedral. It costs 10?. YOu meet just outside the gift shop at noon (I think--maybe 10) or 2:45PM. It is superb.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 09:09 AM
Jeff

Hi Michael,<BR>We took a daytrip to Chartres this fall, and we really recommend it. We took Malcom Miller's tour and enjoyed it as well -- we got there early and bought one of his (Miller's) tour books -- red cover, I think -- and it has a little walking tour of the town, which was great. (It's the same route as the Circuit Touristique on www.chartres.com, but the book explains what you're looking at).<BR><BR>We also had a terrific meal at a restaurant about halfway along the walking tour. I forget the name but it extends halfway over the little river than runs through the town...you can't miss it. They had a nice prix fixe lunch, and we sat in a little glass-enclosed porch over the river.<BR><BR>Last thing - there's a stained glass museum (Centre de International Vitrail) about a block from the cathedral on the Rue du Cheval Blanc. We enjoyed it, (and there's a medievel museum downstairs) but if you're pressed for time, it's the thing to skip.