Day trip to Arcachon

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 04:18 AM
Monica

Day trip to Arcachon

Do you know Tour company that organize One Day Tours to Arcachon ?

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 11:51 AM
tour guide

From what city?

Old Jul 22nd, 2001, 10:38 PM
Monica

Paris, Bordeaux or St.Emilion
Thanks.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 05:39 AM
StCirq

Monica:

I would tend to doubt that there are tour companies that do daytrips to Arcachon, because there really isn't much to see there that you couldn't figure out on your own. I would especially doubt there are any daytrips from Paris, as it would be at least a 12-hour round trip drive. And St-Emilion is too small a town for daytrips to originate from it to Acachon. That leaves Bordeaux. There may be tours from Bordeaux, and if so, you could inquire at the very well run tourist office there (telephone: 05-56-44-28-41). But you could just as easily hop on the train or bus from Bordeaux and visit Arcachon yourself.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 09:36 AM
steve

Monica,
So you want to go to Arcachon? Here is some advice. DON"T GO! We went and were disapppointed, We were going to stay overnight, but every hotel seemed rundown so we just turned around and left. The heavy traffic to and from (we rented a car) wasted 8-10 precious hours of our 11 day trip! The beaches are mediocre, Maine has beaches that are as nice, with more to do. Go East from Bordeaux to Perigueux, and Domme. It is beautiful and incredible. Good luck