We're planning a trip to Europe late August/September, and will be in London August 28-September 2nd. We arrive at around 9:30am Friday, August 28 and leave very early Wednesday, September 2nd.
This will be my first time to London at all (though I've oddly made the trip to Wells through the countryside for work before), and my husband's first time as an adult (probably 15+ years since he's been in England).
I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to plan some kind of day trip, and if so where you would recommend. We've been tossing around the idea of Oxford or Bath or even Paris via train (I've never been).
The rest of our travels (10 more nights; 5 in Santorini and 5 in Barcelona) will be fairly relaxed so I'm not tremendously worried about becoming overwhelmed, but I'm wondering if it's really worthwhile. I really loved driving through the English countryside when I visited for work...but there are so many factors at play there, it's hard to really know if it would've been something I would've chosen to leave London for had that been an option.
If you do reco a day trip, do you recommend one of those tours (Viator, for example)? Should we just take trains solo?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:260:2909 Password Reset Contact YAHOO Tec*h Sup0rt sbaba!
- 2 AOL ☎Email Password Reset Contact ☎1:844:853:3131 AOL Tec*h care By Yes☎!
- 3 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 4 Current plan for March trip
- 5 First time in Spain
- 6 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 7 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 8 Barcelona to Malaga
- 9 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 10 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 11 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 12 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 13 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 14 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 15 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 16 Dublin for St. Patricks Day
- 17 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 beware of robbed in Milan
- 20 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 21 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 22 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 23 Once upon a time in Italy
- 24 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017