Day in Paris with 3 kids and Granny!

Old Apr 17th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day in Paris with 3 kids and Granny!

We are going to Disneyland for a few days and on Saturday will go into Paris for the day - sightseeing and lunch. The kids are 3, 5 and 7 and I really just want to give them a taste of the main sights. Would we be able to see each of the attractions listed on the Batobus website from the boat or do you have to get off and walk to each? Alternatively is there a sightseeing bus service we could use? Finally any suggestion on good place for late lunch? Yes I know they'll get a pretty superficial look at the city but at their age (and after 3 days at Disneyland) thats plenty!
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 11:24 AM

Take an excursion boat ride instead; you'll get a better view plus commentary.

The elder two kids would probably enjoy actually going up in the Eiffel Tower; it seems to be the most popular attraction for kids. You'll pass it on the excursion boat, though.

The boats will allow you to see the Eiffel Tower and Notre-Dame, which the kids will recognize (probably), as well as other sights that they probably won't recognize. Kids seem to like just riding on a boat, though.

You can also try a bus tour through the city. Open Tour is handy if you know the city a bit yourself (competing companies are similar); a guided bus tour might be better if you don't know Paris and cannot point things out yourself.

The food court at the Louvre is good for kids, as they can pick anything they want, it doesn't cost much, and nobody will complain if they walk around or otherwise fail to sit still.

The Jardin d'Acclimatation is a good spot for young kids. So is the playground at the Luxembourg Gardens. The Cité des Enfants at La Villette has excellent and interesting exhibits you can visit in 90-minute sessions, but it's all in French, so you need to explain things to the kids.

Some kids like to see the interior of Notre-Dame, others find it boring or (rarely) spooky.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 12:29 PM

I also recommend a Seine cruise. We used Vedettes de Pont-Neuf. My kids were 4 & 7 when we visited Paris. I think your grandkids will enjoy the boat ride while seeing the Eiffel Tower, etc. The host for our cruise was informative and friendly.

My kids loved the elevator ride up the Eiffel Tower and climbing the stairs at Notre Dame.

The Luxembourg Gardens were wonderful. The kiddies can rent toy sailboats to float on a small water feature, take pony rides, ride the carousel and play on a fun playground with great equipment. Unlike anything we have at home.

Have a great trip.
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 02:44 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
For that age group, I would recommend the Eiffel Tower and a tour on the bateaux mouches (www.bateaux-mouches.fr). If they are too full of energy, a climb to the top of the Arc de Triomphe is also a good thing to do.
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 04:22 AM

Hire Michael Osman for the day. Three days at Disneyland?
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 06:25 AM

Make sure you stop for at least one crepe from the street.