Reload this Page >

Database of TravelHelpers

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 1999, 08:47 AM
Manuel

If you're planning to travel, maybe it's a good idea to contact local people before you go. Now, with e-mail and the «Database of TravelHelpers», it is easy!!! <BR>The «Database of TravelHelpers» is a free travel-related website, where you can find, organized by country, the names and e-mail addresses of several volunteers who are willing to help you find information, answer your questions concerning your destination, and perhaps even meet you there and show around. <BR>Take a look at the Database at the following URL: http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/2442/database.html <BR>

Old Apr 9th, 1999, 10:16 PM
Jeanie

I have actually looked at the Database and found that it was good. A few people responded to the questions I asked and offered me a little inside information on their home cities. I would recommend it.

Old Apr 18th, 1999, 10:37 AM
Maira

I used the database and got a very helpful, courteous, and quick response from a Madrid resident. Definitely recomend it!!

Old Apr 18th, 1999, 11:45 AM
John

I used travelhelpers for my upcoming trip to Netherlands and got some real friendly local advice

Old May 2nd, 1999, 04:03 AM
Tere'

I tried to contact someone in Belgium, and it didn't go through. Perhaps I'll try again.

Old May 3rd, 1999, 10:43 AM
Myriam

Hi there, <BR>I'm from Belgium. If I can be of any help, please let me know. By the way, my name is also listed on the "Database of travel helpers". <BR>

Old May 4th, 1999, 02:20 PM
Saluta

Is it standard practice for owners or employees of an organization/enterprise to be able to post on a forum and solicit endorsements for the service?

Old May 17th, 1999, 10:10 PM
Kah Huat, Koh

Sad to say, I am not as lucky as most of you. I wrote to one of the TravelHelpers, stating the number of days and nights I intend to visit the country, my total budget, etc. I got a reply, asking me the number of days that I will be visiting his/her country. Which I replied. Days later, I had the reply from the TravelHelpers, giving me the Tourism website and that's all!