Danube Rive Cruise

Search

Danube Rive Cruise

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danube Rive Cruise

My wife and I are looking at doing this again this fall. I have heard positive reports on several lines such as Viking, Avalon, Globus and Grand Circle. Would like to hear fom some one who has recently taken one of these..
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 09:50 AM

We did a GCT cruise from Budapest to Prague and were very pleased with it. We went into Budapest early (3 extra nights) and were glad we did as we found it to be a charming city. Then 7 nights on the ship ending in Prague. If I could refer you to GCT we would both get a little discount. I have a more detailed trip report on the GCT website - have you looked at the reviews there, very infomrative. Anyways, if you want more details or would like to join me for the referral, please email me at [email protected].
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 09:56 AM

A friend recently took the Globus Danube cruise and was not impressed with the tour guide. I can't remember what she said about the food.

I once took a Globus land tour and didn't like it (bad food and unknowledgeable tour guide).
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 09:57 AM

I've taken the one on Amadeus Waterways. It wasn't one you asked about, but we have recommended it to several friends and they were pleased as well. It was the Christmas market cruise from Budapest that ended in Prague.

Our accommodations were extremely clean and well appointed. The food was better than expected, and the wine was all inclusive as well as the morning champagne.

I have a trip report somewhere... I'm so bad about not posting though!
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 10:05 AM

We sailed with Viking for the Christmas Market Danube Cruise - Nuernberg to Vienna. Good ship, cabins, food and guides. Would select viking again and in fact have already done so for an Elbe Cruise in October/November. Viking has some excellent 2 for 1 prices right now and for 2010. We added 2 nights at both ends and found plenty to do (and eat!).