Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Dallmayr's in Munich, do they ship to the states?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if Dallmayr's ships to the US? I can't tell from their site. I used the language tools on my browser to translate, but it still misses quite a bit.

Thanks for any information!
Old May 12th, 2005, 10:53 AM

They ship goods into countries outside Europe, but this requires a minimum value of your purchase of 80 EURO. Additionally they will charge a admin. handling fee of 10 EURO.

Make sure, that you check with the US custom before your order, as they have restrictive rules concerning food-import into US and it might be illigal to import the food by post into the USA.
Old May 12th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info Tom. Now, my new mission is to find that information. Fingers crossed. It's for a birthday present I'd love to put together a basket of Dallmayr's goodies. If not, I'll just have to go back and pick it up myself.... ;o)
Old May 12th, 2005, 03:52 PM

If you give me the Dallmeyer website you have been using, perhaps I can help you with your German to get some more specifics.

I know that some of their licquor candy (if the candy has a wax coating inside) will not pass US customs.

I am a great fan of Dallmeyer's!
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:19 AM

Forget to mention:
Dallmayer expects an advance payments and does not give any quality gurantee for the shipment and long custom procedures. They use DHL as transport operator.

They will charge you also in case of a success-less shipment and goods return.
Old May 13th, 2005, 05:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for that warning Tom. On that, perhaps I wont order based on a date sensitive occasion. I was thinking for a birthday in June, but that may not work out if there is a problem. Shame about not shipping those liquor truffles. They are yummy.
If only I could get Augustiner's to ship some beer, I'd be set.

Treplow,

Thanks for the offer to help. Here's the website: http://www.dallmayr-versand.de/cgi-b...e/Catalog/1004

They are great, aren't they? I loved that place just for the variety, then the quality was just over the top. We got a little box of cookies one evening for a snack and by mistake I grabbed sugar free cookies. They were delicious! We ate there a couple of times because after the first, we were hooked. I'd go broke if there was a branch here.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Old May 13th, 2005, 03:00 PM

I recoommed to contact the customer service for more specific US-shipping questions, as their internet page is very general. I assume, they have expierence with shipments & quality.

The email-address is
[email protected]
Old May 15th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again Tom. I tried contacting them through the website, but I'll try emailing directly this time to see if I get a response.

Thanks for your help everyone.