Da Fiore, Venice, Italy

Search

Da Fiore, Venice, Italy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 1997, 08:48 AM
Jay Williams

Da Fiore, Venice, Italy

One of the restaurants listed in the Fodor's
Guide on Venice is Da Foria. Don't bother.
The service is very poor. We were out of the
the restaurant in one hour. Their goal is to
turn as many tables as possible, I felt like I
was at TGI Friday's. They literally hounded us
to order and eat as fast as possible. In addition,
they set up their drink service at a table
connected to ours. When we asked the manager to
move it so we were not disturbed every time they
served a drink in the restaurant, they said that
they could not move it, because they were too busy
and too short on space. Skip the restaurant.

Old Oct 12th, 1997, 03:47 PM
Tom

Sorry to hear about your ruined dinner. It's
unforunate that happened. Consider informing Fodors about your experience via e-mail.

Old Oct 14th, 1997, 12:12 PM
Mary

Just wanted to come to the defense of Da Fiore--we just came back from Venice and had a wonderful meal; I had been concerned that since Patricia Wells named it one of the best 10 restaurants in the world that we would be rushed but it is very unpretentious and is very much run by a family. Sorry to hear about the previous bad experience--ours was the opposite. The risotto is to die for!

Old Nov 29th, 1997, 08:32 AM
Bob

We had a wonderful meal at Da Fiore. Tremendous seafood and very gracious service. The maitre d' was exceptionally nice and we were not rushed at all.

Old Dec 21st, 1997, 12:40 PM
Paul

We had a wonderful experience at Da Fiori in Fall of '95. Would go back in a heartbeat. One of the best restaurants we have ever eaten in period!!! and this includes some 3* Michelins. Patricia Wells is right. Service, food, graciousness of the staff are all top notch. Reservations a must and it is quite a bit of fun to try to find by yourself with a poor map. Agree with previous post about the risotto. Still remember it and many other things even 2 years after the fact.

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 06:10 PM
topper

to the top, for Mally<BR>

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 06:18 PM
wendy

It too am afraid and sorry that you had an unfortunate meal there...I have never been disappointed and I don't follow Wells' sites...<BR><BR>We were there for hours, perfectly proportioned attentive service, and the maitre d' made himself our waitor and I can now go back time and time again without reservation or hesitation!<BR><BR>One of the best in Venice.......