Cybercafes in Ireland?

Apr 22nd, 2003, 02:34 AM
Original Poster

Cybercafes in Ireland?

Just did a search on this site, and to my surprise, came up emptyhanded. Wondering if you've run into any outside Dublin and the other major towns (Cork, Galway).

Do they exist in some of the smaller towns in the countryside, and if so, how do prices compare with those on the continent?

Thanks a lot for any input you can offer.
Apr 22nd, 2003, 03:00 AM

I just ran a seach at Cybercafes.com and came up with 36 cybercafes located in various parts. Try that site.
Apr 22nd, 2003, 10:55 AM

Many smaller towns do have one Internet cafe. And you can always go to the library in the places that don't. Don't know how prices compare to the continent, but they're usually pretty reasonable. Can't remember specifics, sorry.
Apr 22nd, 2003, 04:20 PM

Robdaddy,

Ireland is chock-a-block with cybercafes. While I can't comment on pricing (although as far as I recall they were reasonably priced), I can tell you that I came upon several during my most recent visit, at least two of which were located outside of sizable cities. Those two are located in Dingle town and Lisdoonvarna, County Clare. I also used the services of a cybercafe in Waterford City.

Best of luck.
Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:50 PM
Original Poster

My thanks to all, especially Cicerone for the truly useful website. Just goes to show, all the answers are out there if you only know where to look!

Robert
Apr 22nd, 2003, 10:59 PM

My mom lives in a very tiny town in Co. Roscommon and when last there (2001) there was a cyber cafe in her town.
Shadow