Search

Customs

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2001, 12:12 AM
christina

Customs

I will be returning from Europe late January into LAX. Has anyone returned there after 9/11? I am just wondering what the changes/added delays are while going through customs at LAX. Thanks so much. And how much time did it take you to get through it?

Old Dec 21st, 2001, 06:04 AM
Ted

I haven't been through LAX, but I have been out of the country several times since 9/11, and I've seen no differences whatsoever on the inbound side. They're worried about people who are getting on planes, not getting off.

Old Dec 21st, 2001, 04:24 PM
Bob

Just returned to US through Dallas and saw no difference in customs at all. My friend went through Chicago and also reported no difference. Imagine LAX will be same story.

Old Dec 21st, 2001, 06:31 PM
x

Re:Customs-my son just arrived from Asia-he walked out of the airport,through Customs ,with the wrong bag and customs did not have a clue,so you can figure how things may/may not have changed since 9/11.

Old Dec 22nd, 2001, 04:34 AM
s.fowler

Just back from Germany & Macedonia.<BR>Got questioned thoroughly at FRA because we were transit passengers from Ljubljana & Macedonia. It was an unpleasant grilling until they noticed that hubby was "gold" -- then it was just thorough.<BR><BR>At O'Hare some people were being sent to a special section to have their baggage xrayed -- no idea what the criteria were, other than agricultural -- fortunately we escaped that.<BR><BR>Wven the security in Skopje was better! But then they have local reasons for that.