Reload this Page >

New Year's Eve- Paris Seine cruises

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 05:05 PM
Chels

Does anyone know of any river cruises operating on New Year's Eve? We would like to still be on the boat at midnight.<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR><BR>Chels

Old Dec 12th, 2001, 03:01 AM
Cathy

Yes, but it will cost you <BR>Have fun

Old Dec 12th, 2001, 08:01 AM
Wendy

Chels<BR><BR>Look at http://www.bateauxparisiens.com/english/main.htm<BR><BR>I found them off of http://www.paris-touristoffice.com/index_va.html under Christmas Special. There seem to be others listed too.<BR><BR>Bon Voyage!!!

Old Dec 12th, 2001, 11:00 AM
Christina

There are several companies that do the river cruise thing and I'll bet most have NY eve cruises -- Bateaux Mouches is the most well-known and has the largest boats so they can be good for that kind of thing (www.bateaux-mouches.fr for contact info), Vedettes de Paris definitely has NYE stuff, at least their web site is updated (www.vedettesdeparis.com), as well as the one mentioned above. There really isn't a reason to go through a travel agent for this kind of thing.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 05:15 PM
Chels

Thanks for the responses. I am familiar with most of the river cruise companies, but have been unable to find specific advertisements from companies who have not levied a ridiculous surcharge. I'll keep checking those websites, and perhaps a few calls to Paris will be in order.<BR><BR>Cheers,<BR>Chels

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 10:07 AM
Christina

What do you mean by ridiculous surcharge? Prices will, of course, be higher on NY eve than a regular night, because the product is worth more (called supply and demand). You won't find a river cruise company that has the same prices on NY eve as a regular night. Same for restaurants, etc.

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Chels

Christina,<BR><BR>By "ridiculous surcharge" I refer to the fact that agencies both here in the US and abroad often elevate prices at a ridiculous rate over the actual charge posted by the acutal companies holding the event. If you look on different websites, a number of so-called tours or activities are operated by local companies, yet some agencies often charge more than double the amount posted on the companies' website.<BR><BR>Thanks for the attempted socio-economic lesson, but I'm sure the vast majority of people are well aware that most prices do rise for New Year's Eve - regardless of "supply and demand". <BR><BR>Cheers...

Old Dec 22nd, 2001, 06:02 AM
MaryC

Topping for Stuart