Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Current Immigration Wait Times at LHR and AMS?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2021, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All
I am traveling thru Heathrow and Amsterdam on my way to Nice July 6. I have heard the current wait times are really long. My patience is packed. My question is if any U.S citizens have been through either airport recently that could report on this? Also, are Covid Test results checked along with your passport at immigration or is there a separate line for that? Thank you!
Old Jun 10th, 2021, 02:35 PM

If you don't get anyone answering here, you might check on FlyerTalk on the board of whatever airline you're using. The British Airways board there would have a number of people going through LHR and possibly AMS on any given day.
Old Jun 10th, 2021, 03:24 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Trophywife's advice is what I was going to suggest. If fact you may not even have to post a question on FT - a search could get your answers. Bear in mind the situation today or last week or July 6 have little or no connection. Could be enormous queues one day and minimal the next.
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the news today in UK - it has been horrendous at Heathrow today due to too few staff (`pingdemic`) and a problem with the e-gates, meaning everyone has to go through the very few border employees available.

Waiting time appears to be circa 2 hours but may be worse when large aircraft arrive from North America.

As always, it is an ever-changing landscape!
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 10:47 AM

I've been thru AMS and LHR a few times this year. I'm not American though and you only want answers from US citizens.
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 10:57 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by balthy
I've been thru AMS and LHR a few times this year. I'm not American though and you only want answers from US citizens.
Actually I don't think she wants answers from anyone since her trip was three weeks ago and she never returned to the thread. (not sure why it was topped)