Crowded Fiesole Bus?

Sep 6th, 2001, 05:35 PM
Dave

Crowded Fiesole Bus?

We're thinking of staying in Fiesole next May and taking the bus when we want to go into Florence. I've read here how the buses are frequent and that it's only a fifteen minute ride (on the number 7, I believe), but now I'm remembering the bus from Anacapri to Capri last spring and how I stood in line for almost an hour while three buses came and went before I could get on one. Can my 3 companions and I count on being able to get on the buses at the times we want to go to and from Florence, or are we likely to have to wait in line and maybe stand on the bus during the busier times of the day?

Sep 6th, 2001, 06:50 PM
Lesli

Dave -

I've taken the bus back and forth to Fiesole a couple of times (spring and fall) and not found it terribly crowded. I imagine you won't have problems in May. Have a wonderful trip!

May 17th, 2002, 08:25 AM
Dave

To answer my own question, we decided to stay in Florence instead of Fiesole, but we went to Fiesole on a Sunday afternoon in early May. The bus was crowded both coming and going and we had to stand both times. I'm glad we went to Fiesole, and we enjoyed our stop at the Blu Bar, with a wonderful view of Florence, but it appears to me that staying there is not a good idea if your main focus is Florence, unless you're OK with taking a crowded bus everyday.

May 17th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Grasshopper

I've taken the bus to and from Fiesole twice, once very crowded and once not. I think it depends on the time of day and where you get on. If you get on at the train station it's not full yet, but if you get on enroute it may be crowded. It's a short ride though so not a problem.

One interesting note: on the ride back the first time I had a masher. That was really gross.

May 17th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Auntie

What in heavens is a masher?

May 18th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Ron

I am also interested in what is a masher?

May 18th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Grasshopper

Not a good thing.

You don't take public transportation too much, do you? A masher is someone who gets their sexual kicks rubbing their private parts against you on a crowded bus. The guy I referred to was particularly disgusting.

May 19th, 2002, 01:47 AM
christina

ciao grasshopper

there is only one thing to do in such a case, and it doesn't matter if you speak the nativ language or not: start to tell him how disgusting it is and start to yell at him and sign with your hands what he's doing. he will stop beleve me. do this in your bus at home or wherever you are. they will stop doing it to you.

tanti saluti

christina

May 19th, 2002, 01:54 AM
trina

I hate public transport