Reload this Page >

Crossing Swiss Borders

Search

Crossing Swiss Borders

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Mary

Crossing Swiss Borders

We will be crossing from France into Switzerland at Basel in July,should we expect border delays? Also, if you pop into Liechtenstein and back to Swizerland, are there any border issues? <BR>Thank-you.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Carolyn

Crossing the border to France or<BR>Lichtenstein from Switzerland presented<BR>no problems at all for me in 1995. No<BR>delays of any sort.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Gail

In 2000, we just showed our passport and there was no problem. We left from Lyon but not sure of the town we entered via the train. Geneva perhaps.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Sjoerd

Normally there are no delays when crossing from neighbouring countries into Switzerland. The border is very open and 90% of travellers are waved through. <BR>Liechtenstein and Switzerland have a customs union, so that border is completely open. No guards.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 01:02 AM
brownie

I assume you will be driving?<BR><BR>There is some construction going on in Basel just before/after (depending on where you're driving to/from) the French Border. Consequently at times, only one booth at the border is open and there can be traffic jams. It's not bad jams... it does move.. but you may come across bouts of heavy traffic.<BR><BR>If you're driving a truck, then yes, expect delays