Croatian Beaches

Feb 21st, 2003, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Croatian Beaches

Just ran across some students who were from Croatia and they say that the beaches there are some of the most beautiful in Europe. Even better, supposedly, was that they were much more affordable than other beach areas in Italy, France, and Greece. Was wondering if any of you have been to the coast of Croatia? How was your experience? How did it compare in cost?
Feb 21st, 2003, 09:18 AM
jkd

Many times...I've been going to Croatia since the early eighties and have always had a good time...I usually go the Porec region(directly across from Venice)...No sand, many nude and prices below that of many European countries...Easy to get to and to get around...Have a good time.
Feb 21st, 2003, 09:26 AM

I visited Dubrovnik last September with day trips to Korcula and Lopud. The coastline is gorgeous - the Adriatic delightful to swim - the food and wine, fresh and basic. Dubrovnik is enchanting. I'm going back again this September - to Hvar and to Dubrovnik again. Prices can range from very inexpensive (renting a room in someone's home) to expensive (four star hotel).
Feb 21st, 2003, 09:26 AM
LJ

jkdid you fly into Croatia or take one of the ferries across from Italy? We were also curious about this and interested in going in September or June of 2003/2004-any major difference in the two seasons?
Feb 21st, 2003, 09:28 AM

They do indeed have beautiful beaches and the clearest/bluest water.

I've been there several times (most recently last summer) and have seen the entire coastline, My favorite beaches are near Dubrovnik.

Croatia is not a very expensive country to travel in.

Brenda
Feb 21st, 2003, 09:40 AM

Croatia does have a wonderful coast--incredibly beautiful and great for swimming and snorkelling. Sandy beaches, however, are few and far between. Zlatni Rat (sp?) is the most well known.

I went there last summer and loved it, planning to go back again this year. Very easy to get around, very nice people and not expensive.