Search

Crema catalana

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 07:25 AM
Hungry

Crema catalana

Hi there! I'm going to Madrid and Barcelona next month and would love to try this dessert. Does anyone knows a nice place/café/restaurant that makes this crema in an unfforgetable way? Thanks a lot in advance.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 08:54 AM
michele

Crema is served in just about every restaurant in Barcelona so you will have plenty of chances to taste and compare. <BR>Try the El Mussol version. As I recall it was firmer than some and had flavors ( coffee, chocolate).

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 01:19 PM
Carol

I fell in love with crema after tasting it in a pretty touristy joint off Las Ramblas--it's kind of like creme brulee and really yummy.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 06:41 PM
Paul

It is a fantastic dessert. <BR> <BR>My favorite place is Los Caracoles which is located in the Barri Gotic. <BR>Great place to have dinner.

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 09:20 AM
Carol

How do you like that--Los Caracoles was where I had my crema!!!!!

Old Feb 13th, 2000, 06:44 AM
bob

yum. am going to Barcelona and Madrid next week with 18 year old daughter. should i worry about safety besides pickpockets? any other eating suggestions?? <BR> <BR>thanks!