COVID Green pass

Old Aug 6th, 2021, 04:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COVID Green pass

OK I THINK I just read that U.S. travelers will NOT need / be able to get this COVID Green Pass for Italy; our vaccination cards will suffice? Anyone else following this new hoop and what U.S. visitors will encounter?
Old Aug 6th, 2021, 05:13 AM

Yes, it appears to be official that the CDC card will allow US citizens entry to Italy as well as entry to the venues restricted to vaccinated only.

From an article in the Local:
”In an ordinance signed on July 29th, the Italian Health Ministry confirmed that documents issued by health authorities in the following five non-EU countries will be accepted for access to venues within Italy:
  • Canada
  • Israel
  • Japan
  • United Kingdom (including England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Gibraltar, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands and British military bases on Cyprus)
  • United States of America
No more details were immediately available about how health passes and QR codes stored on the UK’s NHS app would be recognised.”
Old Aug 7th, 2021, 01:08 PM

Yes, our CDC cards are accepted. Just make sure yours includes the batch number(s). I hope you're not connecting through the UK. Current regulations require anyone transiting through the UK to quarantine for 5 days. Don't forget to fill out theonline EU Digital Passport Locator Form.