I am a member of this forum from long ago, (BC) and have taken an 8 year hiatus from international travel, while I've stayed home with my two young children. I've recently been planning a trip for next spring to London, and have enjoyed lurking around.
A girlfriend of mine and I will be traveling to London next May to celebrate our 40th birthdays, leaving the husbands and children at home. We plan to do the things we have missed doing over the last decade- long leisurely meals, visits to museums, plays and concerts, seeing a few sights along the way. My friend has never been to London, though I've spent some time there.
We were about to book a beautiful place between Hight Street Kensington and Notting Hill Gate with A Place Like Home, an agency I've used before and been really happy with. We've had second thoughts, however, and feel that since most of our time will be spent in and around Covent Garden, perhaps that would be a better place to stay. I love the area, thought it's been more of a challenge finding the right flat within our budget, which is around 200 pounds per night, or roughly $2500 total.
May I have your opinions, please, on the following rentals? Would love feedback on specific location, as well as any other opinions. I've looked at so many flats I can't see straight anymore!
Thanks in advance for your time.
And finally, my favorite by far, but not sure about Holiday Lettings:
The specific agency at the above has a website, http://www.ldg.co.uk/, and is a "verified property owner" with Holiday Lettings. I can book with a credit card, but full payment is required at booking. Is this common practice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 2 My France Vacation
- 3 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 4 London vacation rental agency
- 5 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 8 Greece during Easter week or August
- 9 Iceland driving in March
- 10 Northern Spain road trip
- 11 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 12 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 13 Help with Spain itinerary
- 14 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 15 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 16 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 17 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 18 Where to stay in Naples?
- 19 Driving
- 20 Malaga Christmas lights
- 21 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 22 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 23 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 24 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 25 Provence and Cote de Azure