Reload this Page >

Courtyard Paris -Neuilly

Search

Courtyard Paris -Neuilly

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 07:45 AM
Olicia

Courtyard Paris -Neuilly

My family and I are going next summer and are using Marriott points..couldn't get the Marriott on the Champs Elyse but made a reservation at theCourtyard my Marriott in Neuilly. Has anyone ever stayed there? How far from public transportation is it? How are the rooms? We are getting a room that sleeps 4..Would love to hear anyone who has stayed...thanks in advance

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 10:03 AM
Sherry

I do not know exactly where your hotel is located in this district. We did vistit friends that live in Neuilly this past January for dinner one night. I thought the area , the part I saw, was very quiet. The only problem is that it was about a 25 minute subway ride from the 6th where we were staying if I remember correctly. Our friends say that it can take up to 45 minutes to get into the center of Paris with the morning commuters. I didn't feel unsafe and it wasn't difficult to do, just a little time consuming. It is just an area that is a little off the beaten track for most of the attractions you will be visiting. It may be a wonderful hotel, though.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 10:29 AM
Olicia

thanks sherry I appreciate the input-25 minutes by train seems awfully far away

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 05:04 PM
Angela

Olicia, a comment was posted about the Courtyard in Neuilly about a month ago. In general the author stated that the hotel was very nice, large rooms, friendly staff and in a nice section of Neuilly. I too tried to use Marriott points for the Champs, unsuccessfully and have opted for the Hotel Madison in St. Germain. Hope this helps.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 11:14 PM
BTilke

Olicia, <BR>It's true that Neuilly will be very quiet and not in the heart of all the tourist attractions, but that can be a plus as well. Neuilly is an upscale residential area and very green and quiet. If you happen to arrive in Paris during the middle of a muggy heat wave (like right now), you'll appreciate it! Yes, it's a haul on the metro if you want to get down to the Latin Quarter, for example, but you're quite close to the 16th arrond, which has lots of good museums, cafes, restaurants, and shopping. We're planning to move to Paris next year and Neuilly is one of the two areas we're hoping to live in. <BR>If this is your first visit to Paris, you may wish you had stayed in closer. But if you've been to Paris before, I think you'll like it. <BR>BTilke (Brussels)

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 07:59 AM
Olicia

thank you Angela and BTilkle. We have been to Paris before,stayed inthe Opera district..we wanted to stay closer tothe action..but this is where our points could get us..Ijust don't want to spend half my day getting to what I want to see..we love walking but I don't think anything is walkable from here..for instance we walked from the opera district to the champs elsee..no problem..I would love to know if anyone know how far the nearest Metro is from the courtyard..Again thank you for any feedback...We do appreciate it...

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 09:04 AM
TBH

Perhaps you can go to the Marriott website and look up this particular courtyard. They generally provide a page for each and give a lot of information about the hotel. <BR> <BR>Just a thought. <BR> <BR>TBH <BR> <BR>PS I tried to stay there once using points, but decided to just pay at a smaller hotel downtown, the Grande Leveque on Rue Cler at about $62 per night. Saved my Marriott points and used them in England where hotels are far mroe expensive.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 11:18 AM
Diane

I stayed at the Courtyard a couple of years ago and liked it. It was a 15-minute walk to the Metro, and a 5-10 minute ride into town from there. It is possible to walk into town in about 25 minutes, but I can't remember the name of the area. There are two bus lines that go by the hotel. One is in front, and the other (and more convenient line) was around the corner. I used the bus a lot, but it stops running early. We just took taxis in those instances -- was not expensive. Also, the hotel van took us into town in the morning -- has to be reserved. <BR> <BR>The hotel itself was nicer than I expected. In a lovely residential neighborhood. There are restaurants in the area, but we didn't eat at them. <BR> <BR>If you are going in summer you may appreciate the air-conditioning. <BR> <BR>My preference would be to stay closer to activities, but for free it was a very good deal.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 03:31 PM
Olicia

thanks TBH I had checked the Marriott site but it said nothing about which transportation was near the hotel.. <BR> <BR>Thank you so much Diane..it is good to hear from someone who has stayed there..I can handle a 15 minute walk to the metro and the bus sounds like another option as does the hotel bus..taxis present a problem though,we would need two ,since I think they only take 3 people..but I do appreciate your input..

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 04:26 PM
opi

hi , just got back thur nite,stayed at marriott renaissance la defense near the la defense grand arch, it was a frreebie for buying a time share, it was very fine clean, nice room bath really american style very secure and safe , five minute walk to metro first stop # 1 line only 6 stops ur at the arc, you can transfer to any line off the #1 very business area there but big mall for all your needs .went in by metro all the time lots of trips had a great time need more info just email me ill help you im fromm new jersey merci merci also we ate at some wonderful restaurants