Courses at Abbey Sant’Antimo, Tuscany

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2021, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A speaker on Context Conversations was talking about the Via Francigena and she mentioned that it is possible to take classes/courses at the abbey mentioned in the title,, including a course on illustrated manuscripts. When I look at the abbey website, I see no mention of that. I understand that no one is doing anything during COVID, but I'm curious if anyone knows anything about this for "after COVID" (when that blessed day comes!) Thanks so much, Susan
Old Mar 14th, 2021, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't been there, but from what I've read, they do two types of courses, one in Gregorian chant and another in Medieval miniaturism or something. Maybe that's the manuscript thing you found out about. I just don't think you're going to find out anything now due to COVID, they probably aren't going to have descriptions or booking on their website at this point because everything is uncertain in terms of courses like that.
I'm not even sure if it is open, it was las tsummer but I don't know if it still is.

Here is one description of the Gregorian chant course, it appears to be in February. I don't know if it's at other times also or not. Sounds sort of interesting, you study that four days or something and then get to sing at a Mass, I think it says. But you aren't interested in that, anyway, luckily.
Corso di Canto Gregoriano all'Abbazia di Sant'Antimo