County Kerry B&B Recommendations?

Apr 17th, 2002, 03:42 AM
Laurel

County Kerry B&B Recommendations?

Looking for recommendations for nice B&B in County Kerry. Any great experiences?

Apr 17th, 2002, 07:04 AM
bill

What area of County Kerry?

Apr 18th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Tim

Greenmount House in Dingle is wonderful, but can be a bit pricey for a B&B depending what rooms they have available. I stayed there last week - believe everything that you read on this property. An easy walk down the hill into town, and fabulous seafood throughout Dingle. Go easy on the Guinness the night before to save some room for their potentially 4 course breakfast (and definitely get the Irish Mist on the porridge!). Drive over the spectacular Connor Pass to come into Dingle and also drive the Slea Head on a clear day.

Apr 18th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Derek

Over ten years ago my newlywed wife and I stayed at Glenreen Heights at Ballyhearney on Valentia Island and we enjoyed it very much. I just looked on the 'net and it is still run by the same woman, Julie O'Sullivan.

Apr 19th, 2002, 03:39 AM
laurel

Anywhere in the Southwest section

Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:39 PM
Bill

I stayed at The Shores country house on the north side of the Dingle peninsula. It was wonderful. The rooms were great, the view was great and the hostess, Annette, was great. The down side is that you have to cross Conor Pass to get to Dingle. But I loved the quiet and seclusion. You can find them on the town and country website in Castlegregory. (http://www.townandcountry.ie/)

I've heard wonderful things from all sorts of people about Torann Na Dtoon (http://www.ireland-discover.com/ventry.htm). It's looks out on Ventry bay and the website certainly makes it look spectacular.

Bill