B&B or Hotel in Kinsale and Dingle

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2003, 06:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be in Kinsale (2 nights) and Dingle (1 night) in September and are looking into making reservations somewhere. We've never been to Kinsale but know that in Dingle we'd like to stay near the water near the shops and restaurants (last time we stayed way up on the hill in a nice B&B but felt we were too far from the fun). I'd appreciate any recommendations anyone could give me. Thanks.
Old May 12th, 2003, 02:04 PM

In Dingle, we love Clonmara B&B. You can find info via www.familyhomes.ie
It's right on the water, but across the harbor from Dingle town. Probably about a 10 minute walk. Too far for you?
Old May 13th, 2003, 06:47 AM

Bolands Guesthouse in Goat Street, Dingle is overlooking Dingle Harbour (ask for a room with a view), plus it's only minutes walk from the pubs & restuarants.. Tel: (066) 9151426. [email protected]
Old May 13th, 2003, 06:57 AM

Hi there...in Dingle, we stayed at Heaton's (about a 5 minute walk to town) right along the bay. I loved the breakfast. Enjoy! (I'm jealous - I loved Dingle!)
By the way if you want a good place to eat choose Beginnish (misspelled). Great food. Also I bought a beautiful wool shawl in town - hand-made.
Old May 13th, 2003, 07:51 AM

Miltown House in Dingle had huge comfy rooms, wonderful harbor views and a delicious breakfast in the morning. It's on the west side of Dingle town and probably a 10 minute walk in to town although we drove it. It's a painted black and white with 4 flag poles out front - you can't miss it.

Wendy
Old May 13th, 2003, 08:30 AM

I was just in Kinsale and stayed at the Charthouse there. Very nice

See my review of it ( and others )

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34414657
Old May 13th, 2003, 03:34 PM
mjs

Another vote for Heatons.
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 03:55 PM

First of all, if you can stay 2 nights in Dingle. It's a trek just to get there and you will regret not having 2 nights.

We stayed at Heaton's Guesthouse in Dingle last month and it was by far the BEST B&B we stayed at in all of Ireland, Wales or England! Unfortunately because it was at the beginning of the trip it was the standard that no other could hold up to. The room was very large in comparision to any other B&B - the breakfasts were by far the best we had and the owners were so helpful and charming! Be sure to have the porriage with the Drambuie! We are already planning our next trip to Dingle and will be staying here again! It may not be in the center of town, but what lovely views of the water you have! You are right ON the water - there is only a street separating you. Parking lot is provided, a walk to town, or very short drive - don't make any mistakes and go to Heaton's! We even had a balcony that faced the water - very nice to have our beer and the great view!

Have a great time - and if you are there on a Monday or Wed. they have concerts in Dingle at the St. James Church - don't miss it!

In Kinsale we stayed at the Old Bank House - too pricey for what we got. Don't know if we'd stay there again.