Countries requiring and IDP

Old Aug 10th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Countries requiring and IDP

I am looking for an official web-site (state department, perhaps) that lists the countries in which an IDP is required. I've poked around and can't find it - all I keep finding is links to AAA web site, which tells me the countries in which an IDP is accepted, but not the countries where it is required. I can't seem to find it in any of the posts on this site about IDPs either. I'm probably being lame in my search, but I figured rather than spin my wheels, I would ask because I know it is probably faster. We are going to be drving in Germany - if memory serves, we didn't need one last time we drove in Germany, but I want to double check.

Thanks
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 12:07 PM

You need to understand this tool before using.

http://www.rac.co.uk/idp/where-do-i-need-an-idp/ gives you the answer FOR A HOLDER OF A FULL UK, EU-STANDARD DRIVING LICENCE.

You've not bothered telling us what licence you hold, so why should any of us bother decoding the tool for you?

Well, presumably because we're more concerned you get a useful answer than you are:

The phrase "Pink format or photocard UK licence accepted but International Driving Permit required if green licence held." means holders of non-European licences need an IDP

But in future: half-arsed questions get bloody useless answers.
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 12:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
N-M; Try this. http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...y-country.html Richard
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

Did a bug crawl up your butt and die today flanner, or what? I guess I will take my half-a$$ed question elsewhere.