Search

Council Travel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 07:42 AM
Tom

Council Travel

Has anyone had experience with an organization called Council Travel? Were you happy with flight and hotel accomandations they arranged for you?

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 08:03 AM
Diane

My daughter and her friend used them for flight arrangements when they went to Costa Rica for 3 months. No problems, great deal. Since they specialize in students/educational travel, they are easy on the budget. Can't help you with feedback on accomodations, however. Having enjoyed their website, I think their volunteer project-based trips sound terrific. Housing is other than "tourist" quality from what I understand. What sort of trip are you looking at?

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 08:19 AM
elvira

Used Council Travel many years ago for cheap flight to Europe. Perfectly satisfied: it was cheap, and it was a flight..

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 09:16 AM
PalenqueBob

Council Travel is one of the oldest sellers of discount air travel; never heard any complaints about them. A non-profit consortium of US colleges began it I guess though not sure of ownership now but they have offices on campuses of many universities. Probably as trustworthy as they come.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 07:49 PM
c

My son flew all over Europe using Council and never had a problem..very cheap flights.Tried this year but they couldn't help him come home for Christmas from Japan!