Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Cottages in Cornwall....any recommendations?

Feb 25th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

We're considering spending Easter in Cornwall (two adults and one three year old) and would like to stay in a cottage. Does anyone have any recommendations. As I don't know the area at all I have no preference for a particular location. We will have a car and plan to take day trips from where ever we stay.

Any suggestions for family friendly accommodation would be most welcome.
Feb 25th, 2003, 05:13 PM

Hi!!!!

I have never been to Cornwall, but, have rented cottages on a number of trips! Give these sites a try:

English Country Cottages...just select the region and number in your party and they will give you a good list to shoose from.
http://www.english-country-cottages.co.uk/

Or...Premier Cottages...this one I have used before and will be staying in one of their listed places on my next trip this Spring to Wales!!!
http://www.premiercottages.co.uk/region_cornwall.asp

Feb 26th, 2003, 03:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Ginny. I've had a look at the websites. Hopefully we'll find something to suit.
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:22 AM

I've booked a cottage in Cornwall for two adults, two children and a dog! through www.cornwall-online.co.uk
This site gives info on self-catering, B&T and farm accommodation as well as tourist attractions etc
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:43 AM

If you would like to stay at some unusual/historicla sites, Nationaltrust.org.uk,and Landmarktrust.co.uk, both have quite a few apartments for hire in Cornwall. I have tried them few times, really enjoyed the stays.
Feb 27th, 2003, 11:14 AM

You're very welcome!!!!

Another good source is Slow Travelers
http://www.slowtrav.com/

Check out the Rural Retreats link!
Feb 28th, 2003, 03:16 PM

Meant to respond earlier but got too busy, hope you are still checking this site. We've stayed in Cornwall four times renting self catering cottages in - Tintagel, Crackington Haven, Porthleven and St. Mawes. Two agencies we would recommend are: Roseland Holiday cottages - www.chycor.co.uk/holidays/roselandcottages/index.htm
and Cornish Cottage Holidays - www.cornishcottageholidays.co.uk
Also found a long list of other cottages at: www.cornwall-info.co.uk
If you are interested in any specific information about the areas we stayed in, the cottages, etc. feel free to e-mail me directly at [email protected] or put a response here. You'll love Cornwall and will adore staying in cottages, particularly with a three-year old. So nice at the end of the day to go back to your own digs and not have to eat the same B&B breakfast every morning or put the lights out by 10:30 pm.
Mar 2nd, 2003, 10:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your responses. I'm sure with your help we'll find just what we're looking for. I'll try to find time to post the outcome....but with a 3yr old I don't seem to get here as often as I'd like to.

Thanks again for all your suggestions.