COSTA DEL SOL IN JULY

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 11:38 AM
LINDA

COSTA DEL SOL IN JULY

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A REALLY NICE PLACE IN COSTA DEL SOL? WE HAVE NEVER BEEN TO SPAIN. WHAT ARE YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS? HOW ABOUT FLYING? MY HUSBAND AND I ARE FLYING FROM PHILADELPHIA, PA - USA.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 03:31 PM
Ron

Linda, I usually stay in Fuengirolla or the Beach area of Torremolinos . If you prefer more upscale you would most likely be better off staying in marbella. As far as airlines are concerned, I would avoid Iberia .Span Air out of Dulles Is not too expensive and their service is good. let me know if I can give you more specific information ,Ron

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 06:03 PM
Anne

My husband and I went to Madrid and Toledo, than headed by car to the south of Spain.
My reccomendation is marbella. We spent a week there. It offers fabulous restuarants , fun and famous people watching! The old town of Marbella is
beautiful w/ crooked old streets and wonderful little shops and some great paella . The newer upscale part of the city is quite nice as well,highrise hotels,etc...
On a clear day you can see the mountains of N. Africa! Of course you can take a day trip there & Gibralter. We did notget a chance to experience that though. The shopping is quite good, great leather shoes, purses....
We took British Airways into Madrid, have a great trip!!

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 02:00 PM
Gary

Linda:
My vote would be Marbella. We were there a few years ago, also in July, and had a great time. I don't remember the name of the hotel, but do remember lots of great restaurants, places to go, and an area I believe was called Puerto Banas, where there was a lot of night life. My teenage sons remember this trip very well -- about 1/2 the women at the hotel's pool were topless!

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 02:41 PM
Maira

I hope you can handle intense heat and crowds, because there'll be plenty of that in Costa del Sol on July. As an alternative, I would consider Puerto Banus or even, one of the smaller, white towns in the mountains (Jerez de la Frontera, etc). Fuengirola, Torremolinos, and even Malaga are the typical high-rise city, with not much appeal. Strongly recommend you rent a car.

You can fly out of Philly Intl Airport with USAirways, with direct flights to Madrid. You can connect to a regional flight once in Barajas Airport. The Malaga Airport is nice, and has plenty of hotels nearby.

With all that said, if you are set in staying at Torremolinos, I would recommend Hotel Costa Lago. Check them at the following website http://www.infotu.com/toingles/htcoslag.htm