Costa Del Sol and Andulusia

Jul 30th, 2003, 06:24 AM
Original Poster

Costa Del Sol and Andulusia

We have taken an apartment in Nerja for 8 days (September) but want to spend a couple of nights in Seville and Cordoba and Granada. Are there any suggestions for an itinerary and possible hotel accomodations (around 150 US dollars). Any must see, good restauarAnts ect! THANKS!
Jul 31st, 2003, 05:23 AM

Can't comment on Cordoba and Granada. I've never been. But in Seville, I would recommend Hotel Becquer (great location and price). It's not the Ritz, but it's nice and affordable for the location. Also, though a little out of the way is the Grand Hotel Lar. It's in a quiet neighborhood. Casa No. 7 is wonderful and in the santa Cruz quarter. A little more than 150 bucks though.

A restaurant I liked very much was the 3 de Oro. They had great Andalucian dishes reasonably priced and tasty table wine.
Jul 31st, 2003, 06:33 AM

In Granada we spent 3 nights at the Alhambra Palace Hotel. Walked everywhere. You get a nice head start by being halfway up the hill! Gorgeous hotel, we paid $160 last October.
Jul 31st, 2003, 06:34 AM

Oops. I meant to add this:
http://www.h-alhambrapalace.es
Aug 1st, 2003, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

THANKS FOR THE IFORMATION-DOES ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS ON OTHER SMALLER TOWNS
TO STOP EN ROUTE?
Aug 1st, 2003, 09:01 AM
donnabee

You could tour the White Villages of the Andulusia. Here is a good website - http://www.malagaweb.com/white_villages.php

and

http://www.andalusia-web.com/route_1.htm

Aug 1st, 2003, 09:27 PM

In Seville I highly recommend the flamenco show at Los Gallos. We stayed at Hotel Fernado which was around you price range. The rooms were nice and the location was great and the staff very helpful, but I'd recommend checking out Petrabax.com--they sell Bancotel coupons in the US (I'm assuming that's where you are?) and I made reservations for 4 star hotels in Granada, Cordoba, and Marbella for November for $63 a night.
Aug 2nd, 2003, 04:36 AM

An interesting area between Nerja and Granada is the Alpujarra Mountains. Exit off main road to Lanjaron and head on up to Bubion and Capiliera. In Granada, I'd consider either the Melia Granada or the Carmen. Both are full service and in the heart of the city. Great walking and shopping.

Cordoba is not high on my list. The mezquita is amazing but the rest of the town is not particulaly unique. Try the Hotel Alfaros in Cordoba. Good location and underground parking. Eat at the Red Pony.

In Sevilla I'd probably opt for Las Casas de la Juderia. Or Los Mercadores. Do a search on Fodors for postings by Olga. She is from Sevilla and has great current knowledge on the hotel business. One of favorite restaurants in all of Spain is Modesto, a small seafood place adjacent to Murillo Gardens in Santa Cruz. ot fancy but fantastic! Stand at the bar for a bit and watch the action in the kitchen. Amazing.

En route to Seville, you might want to drive through Grazalema, El Bosque, etc. Beautiful mountains, cork forests, etc.
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:26 AM

I second Los Gallos! It was a bit pricey, but it was a very authentic show, and gets great reviews from locals. You get 2 free drinks too!