Costa Brava, Spain Motorcycle Trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2023, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for recommendations for a coastal motorcycle trip from Barcelona up along the Costa Brava. We are going to rent in Barcelona and do six days - obviously planning to spend a lot of coastal time - but definitly want to go a bit inland as well. We are hoping to get some guidance for amazing experiences, places to stay and delicious food spots that are a bit off the beaten path. Would love and GREATLY appreciate any feedback! Thank you!!
Old Aug 1st, 2023, 01:04 AM

Hello! Sorry but I don't understand what you want to do. Are you going to be sleeping 6 days in Barcelona but you also want to visit Girona (Costa Brava)? If so, I recommend you sleep only 2 days in Barcelona and then sleep en route. For example: 1 Girona, 1 Pals (Pals, Peratallada, Begur), 1 Empúries (Empúries, Cadaqués, Castelló d'Empúries), 1 Banyoles (Banyoles, Besalú, Santa Pau).
Old Aug 1st, 2023, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Besalu
Hello! Sorry but I don't understand what you want to do. Are you going to be sleeping 6 days in Barcelona but you also want to visit Girona (Costa Brava)? If so, I recommend you sleep only 2 days in Barcelona and then sleep en route. For example: 1 Girona, 1 Pals (Pals, Peratallada, Begur), 1 Empúries (Empúries, Cadaqués, Castelló d'Empúries), 1 Banyoles (Banyoles, Besalú, Santa Pau).
I think they are renting motorbikes in Barcelona for 6 days, presumably therefore 5 nights.

Can't help with routes but have a look at the app Kurviger, which is aimed at route planning for motorcycles.
Old Aug 5th, 2023, 04:47 AM

Only planning to spend one night in Barcelona - the night before we leave to fly home. So, looking to spend one or two nights per stop. Thanks for the help!!
Old Aug 5th, 2023, 04:48 AM

Thanks! Super helpful!
Old Aug 10th, 2023, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by joemama3893
Only planning to spend one night in Barcelona - the night before we leave to fly home. So, looking to spend one or two nights per stop. Thanks for the help!!
In this case I would recommend this:
1- Barcelona - Girona. Night in Girona. The city deserves it.

Girona

2- Girona - Pals. You can visit the nearby towns of Begur and Peratallada.

Pals

Peratallada

Begur

3- Pals - Empúries. Apart from the Greek-Roman site, you can visit the towns of Empúries and Castelló d'Empúries.

Empúries

Castelló d'Empúries

4- Empúries - Cadaqués - El Port de la Selva. Cadaqués I only recommend it if it's in low season. In high season it's sometimes a bit cramped. Next to Port de la Selva I highly recommend, and even more so if you go by motorcycle, to go up to the monastery of Sant Pere de Rodes.

Cadaqués

El Port de la Selva

Sant Pere de Rodes

5- El Port de la Selva - Besalú. On a motorcycle it's worth going up to La Mare de Déu del Mont. It is an hour's drive from Besalú but the road is beautiful and when you get there you have views that reach the sea, Canigó (France), all the Pyrenees, etc. In the sanctuary there is a hostelry. On the way there are the archaeological remains of the Sous monastery that can be freely visited. Nearby there is the beautiful town of Lladó that I also recommend.

Besalú

Mare de Déu del Mont

Mare de Déu del Mont

Lladó

6- Besalú - Santa Pau - Banyoles - Barcelona. Banyoles is famous for the lake, but its center is also very pleasant and not very touristy. Or Besalú - Vic - Barcelona.

Santa Pau

Banyoles

In my opinion, this route allows you to know about the territory of Girona, that is, the old part of Catalonia. It's an area rich in heritage and with a good gastronomy.