Reload this Page >

Cost of Turkey visa

Search

Cost of Turkey visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 05:38 PM
shambala

Cost of Turkey visa

Greetings everyone,<BR><BR>Well, I am totally confused re: the cost of Turkey visas! I have read that the entry visa is $85, $65, and $100 USD. The turkey consulate site stated it was $105USD. Can anyone clear up this confusion? Also, is there an exit from country charge? Thanks for any information.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Patrick

According to the official Turkish Embassy site (www.turkishembassy.org) the fee was raised from $85 to $100 on November 1, 2002. That's a big jump from the $45 I paid just two years ago. There is no charge to leave that I'm aware of.<BR>By the way, although you can pay and get your visa as you enter the country, we sent our passports and an application to the Turkish embassy in Washington in advance and the visas were already attached to our passports.<BR>Some people were hung up at the airport for quite a while getting their visas, and we were glad we didn't have to do that.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Kris

Shambala, are you a Canadian citizen? Your visa might be less than that for a US citizen as I believe Turkey raised the price of the visa to match what the US was charging Turkish people to visit the US. It was also $45 when I went earlier this year, but was raised to $65 and then to $100. It may still be $45 if you are Canadian.<BR><BR>We obtained our visas when we arrived and didn't have to wait at all. Guess it just depends on how many flights are coming in and how fast you get off the plane. I read to try and have exact change.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 04:20 AM
Susan

We also didn't have to wait. We took the ferry from Rhodes and got the visa onboard. It was $45 USD for us at the time (my husband is American, I'm Canadian). I'm not sure what it costs now for Canadians. I know it did increase for US citizens.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 03:01 PM
shambala

Thank you everyone for your helpful replies! I am an American living in Canada (married a Canuck!). I must admit, I have never paid that much anywhere in the world (been traveling now for 25 years), however, it is a relatively small price to pay to be allowed into their beautiful and hospitable country. No complaints!

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Dr No

I will never pay that much for a visa, 45 or 105 dollars.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 04:21 PM
xxx

So what are you saying, Dr. No? You don't care to go to Turkey or if you go you will sneak in illegally? Turkey is so much cheaper than most of Europe, you make up that amount within a couple of days.