Cosmos Bus Tours

Apr 30th, 1999, 09:46 PM
Brad

Cosmos Bus Tours

Hey Everyone,

I'm taking my first trip to Italy with Cosmos tours. Has anyone out there taken one of their trips? What were the people and tour like?

May 1st, 1999, 09:33 AM
phil

Hello Brad,

I took a cosmos tour about 7 years ago. It was Europe at leisure (21 days various countries). I was disappointed with the hotels, locations were in the middle of nowhere and the food was poor. However, in March 1999 I used them for a trip to Costa Rica and loved everything about it. Hopefully their standards in Europe food and hotels have gotten better. Oh, yes also used them for a tour of Greece, not bad.

May 1st, 1999, 01:07 PM
joanne

hi. i used them about 5 years ago for
italy and switzerland i believe. I was
disappointed in that most of the hotels
were outside the cities and the food
wasnt great. however the people for the
most part were terrific, lots of aussies
who have to be the most fun, down to
earth people and we made our way on
public transport in most places at nite
into the cities. like most tours it is
too rushed. wish they would go to less
places and spend more time. have fun
and let me know how it went. joanne
[email protected]

May 2nd, 1999, 02:51 AM
Anne

I did a 3 week tour with Cosmos years ago. Mostly Australians on trip. They are real party animals and like their beers. Hotels were far outside of the cities and food was poor quality. Got up at like 5 am most days, luggage out then and a " breakfast" of a roll so hard you could use it as a door stop and a cup of weak coffee before we got on the bus yet again to drive on most of the day. Saw lots of the bus and the Australians but not much of Europe in the end.

May 2nd, 1999, 11:19 AM
erni

Took a Cosmo tour of Spain & Portugal this year.I enjoyed it very much. The food and hotels were fine. When I compared the costs of Cosmos and other tour groups and/or Cosmos and independent travel, I found it to be a bargain. I took a Cosmos tour of Europe years ago and this was much improved. When selecting the tour, this time, I opted for one that spent 2 night in most places. This allowed some independent choices & less time on the bus.