Coruna to Lisbon

Search

Coruna to Lisbon

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2004, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coruna to Lisbon

My wife and I will be trying to got from La Coruna to Lisbon. Does anyone know the easiet way to do this. It looks as if flights and trains all have to back to Madrid!!!! Help!!
Old Oct 1st, 2004, 11:44 AM

There seems to be no possible way to go from La Coruna to Lisbon in one day by rail. You could reach Porto by 9pm, but no connections after that. So break up your journey in Porto - a wonderful old port city in many ways much more old looking than Lisbon, and one with oodles to see and do, including Port wine tastings. Or investigate going by bus, which i don't have info on but in Portugal and Spain run more extensive routes than trains. By rail you'd go La Coruna to Vigo, then leave Vigo at 19:08 to arrive in Porto at 9pm. There is a morning train from Vigo at 8:25 but the first connecting train from La Coruna arrives in Vigo a few minutes after 8:25! Check out the www.bahn.de (German rail but schedules for all of Europe)site for trains i may have missed!
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 02:26 AM

Portugalia airlines has a flight (#1825) that departs a'Corunha at 08:30 (Spain time) and arrives Lisbon 08:55 (Portugal time).
It's one of those small Commuter turboprops.
They also used to have a Vigo-Porto-Lisbon connection. I'm not sure what the status of that is now. It was a bus from Vigo to Porto connecting with a Porto-Lisbon flight.
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Great - thank you for the info. If we decided to rent a car - do you have any estimate on the duration of that trip?

thanks -
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 04:33 PM

Sorry, I can't help with driving times: I know there's a 'toll' road (limited access expressway) Corunha to Tuy (on the rio Minho). I don't know about roads in Portugal.
BTW
If you are thinking about renting a car in Spain and dropping it off in Portugal, you may be assessed a large dropoff charge. They are still two different countries.