Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Correct Email Address For Michael Osman in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I emailed Michael over a month ago, realizing that it was during his busy time, so I wasn't too concerned that he hasn't responded. Plus I'd seen posts here that he doesn't have a secretary and doesn't get back to you for awhile.

Since we're going in December, and I want to schedule as far in advance as possible, I thought I'd write again. The address on his site, [email protected], wouldn't go through when I clicked on it. It said that it couldn't be found.

My first message to that address didn't bounce back, but now I don't know if he got it.

I just wrote again, entering the address by hand. Is that his correct email address or does anyone have a current one?

Thanks,

Nina

Old Sep 11th, 2006, 04:38 PM
jgg

That is the address I used when corresponding for our trip last March. You definitely do have to continually e-mail him - those who are persistent are rewarded!!
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 04:42 PM

I understand he doesn't answer his e-mail.
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 04:59 PM

I e-mailed him just now via my AOL account. If the address were invalid, I would have gotten a message "no member...".

Maybe the link on the website is broken, so you might want to try just sending him an e-mail the usual way.

Michael is always booked solid during the nice weather, so has only late in the evening and early in the morning to repond to requests. Since he endeavors to repond thoughtfully and in detail to your inquiry, he answers inquiries in order of dates of upcoming visits. So, just be patient.

Apparently, some people are rather nasty after sending requests day after day and not hearing from him when only several days have gone by.
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Budman .... if you can't email him, do you have to send up smoke signals???

I sent my second message about an hour ago, the regular way, typing in his AOL address.

I can't imagine getting with him or anyone else that you plan to spend the day with, can you imagine what a stiled time you'd have when you finally got together?

I'm more than willing to wait for a reply, because I am really anticpating a day well spent in his company - or Scott's.

You're probably right about the broken link on his site.

I don't think that two messages over a month apart is pushing it. I'll wait another month before I start to panic!

Nina
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 05:17 PM

You'll not regret waiting.
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
He is fun, knowlegeable, polite, flexible, what more can one ask for?
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Neopolitan

that he respond to emails?

LOL, cigalechanta. I couldn't resist.

Old Sep 11th, 2006, 05:29 PM

Nina, this has been an ongoing thing over the past 3 years on Fodors -- Michael is great, yada, yada, yada, but he doesn't answer his e-mail.
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 06:48 PM

Michael will answer his emails.
He is just very busy
Melissa
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 06:57 PM

I don't think you can send emails just by clicking on an address like that, but it may depend how your own email system is set up. I think it just links you to your email system and then opens a message form for you to send one, it won't send one for you. If it isn't in your address book, it may do nothing.

So, I'd just type the email address in. You never know if one gets email -- generally, my ISP informs me if an email doesn't go through, but my work one (which is a private company) does not always -- it just disappears and you never know.

Old Sep 11th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Neopolitan

I use Outlook Express for emails. When you type a message, you can click on tools then click "request read receipt". You will get a notification when the recipient opens the email.

Old Sep 12th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Original Poster

Hey Budman ... I'm not newbie as I look. I've known about his emailing habits for years.

I was just being a smart-arse

Nina
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 01:07 PM

Just an observation. We were in Paris January. I too was a forward planner and had emailed Michael, I did get a response to say that he would be available and would be in touch to say what day(I had given him 3 dates that we would be available). But on hearing nothing after that we presumed that he had got busy, or forgotten. While in Paris we had a phone call from him to say he would be there at 9am the next morning.............which didn't work as we had made other plans.

So we missed out. So please be patient.
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 03:36 PM

sorry too. I don't make excuses for him as I'm only a friend and not a client. I don't think he thought he would be so overwhelmed with work when he first started. Scott is an opera singer and when he gets a gig, Michel must double up, I assume.
He doesn't answer my emails right away. But I agree, he should make more of an effort or maybe hire someone. He's also a painter and must miss the time for that.
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

I'm in no hurry - our plane doesn't leave until 2:30PM on December 22nd.

Nina
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Neapolitan
Return receipt only works if the recipient deigns to click YES when told that "a return receipt was requested, does one wish to send a response?"
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Neopolitan

But if someone read your email and got that message (in this case a person like Michael Osman) is there any reason he wouldn't check that response even if he wasn't taking the time to answer?

Old Sep 12th, 2006, 07:23 PM

Neo, I sent several test messages to myself using my husnband's comcast but did as you said and when it arrived at my hotmail there wasn't a place to acknowledge I got it?
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 05:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cigal-
One must elect to send the receipt request by clicking TOOLS on the menu bar of Outlook Express, then clicking the OPTIONS menu, then clicking the RECEIPTS tab, then clicking the first box. That merely ensures a receipt is sent; the recipient may not answer (unless he has selected the 3rd radio button under Returning Read Receipts), just as one might not answer the door for the mailman.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -