Reload this Page >

Cornwall/Cotswolds

Search

Cornwall/Cotswolds

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 04:18 AM
Evelyn

Cornwall/Cotswolds

Am taking a Saga tour of Cornwall and Cotswolds in May. Has anyone taken this itinerary? Comments, please. Optional tours include: Penwith Penninsula (St. Michael's Mount; Penzance;Mousehole; Land's End and Gloucester and The Wye Valley and Winchcombe (Sudeley Castle). Which are worth seeing?

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 04:25 AM
jane

The cornish tour, is the best area to tour..beutiful around Land's end, Penzance and St Michaels Mt. Have not been on this tour, but as achild we visited this area and it has fond memories..we are going back next month. <BR>Enjoy!

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 05:53 AM
ginny

Have never been to Cornwall but have been doing some research since it is an area that appeals to me so everything you mentioned for that area sounds good. Have been to the Cotswolds(though not on tour, prefer my own pace)and there is much to see, so take the opportunity to do the optional tours in this area if you can. Loved Winchcombe, recommend Guittiing Power which is a great little village off-the-beaten-path by way of Winchcombe.

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 04:23 PM
jodi

We recently spent a week in a cottage in Gloucester with a rented car to drive around in. Sudley Castle was my hands down favorite castle so I would have to vot for that option. Gloucester was an interesting blue collar town. The people were friendly and the Catherdral was beautiful. Have a great trip.

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 04:50 PM
Albert

A second vote for Sudely Castle at Winchcombe. It's well restored inside & beautifully landscaped outside. Henry VIIIs last wife, Catherine Parr, is buried there in the chapel. <BR>

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 12:53 AM
Steve

Hello Evelyn, <BR> <BR>Don't miss the Wye Valley. It's very scenic. <BR> <BR>Steve

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 03:47 AM
Evelyn

Thanks for all the info. I'll keep checking so I'll know what to see, though Saga Tours apparently has picked the right "optionals."

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 03:43 PM
Judy

I have been to Cornwall several times in different seasons,Spring time is the most beatiful in that area. There are many famous gardens in Cornwall, If you have free time with the tour, try to visit some of them,most of them could be reached by bus.There is even one right near Penzance-Trengwainton,the Rhododendrons will be blooming.If you have more time , you could go to Mevagissey to Heligan-the lost garden, people are doing an incredble job to restore the place.To me, gardens is one the most interesting things to see in Cornwall, because the climate, there are many plants we don't see in North America.Some of the gardens are several hundreds years old.For the list, you could check the National Trust or Britain web site.