Corfu for a week

Search

Corfu for a week

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corfu for a week

Thinking of travelling to Corfu in September from Scotland, I have noticed the flight prices for Ryanair have been going up and down like the stock market. I usually like to book a flight and find own accommodation but not so sure that's the best idea. I enjoy some time by the pool but quite like out and about day trips, sightseeing, boat trips, not in to party central but enjoy Greek food and relaxation ... I was thinking Moratika as a base and day trips here and there. I won't be driving so hoping to do Hoppabus from airport... just wondered if good base? flight and accommodation separate?
Thanks
Old Jul 21st, 2018, 01:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moratiki is not central enough for me to allow for it being a good base to explore the island.It's also quite close to "Party Central" on the southern end of Corfu. I think I would stay further north and maybe consider Gouvia or Perama. Both are nice places with lots to do and a good choice of hotels, restaurants, activities etc and are close to Corfu Town.

As far as package or separate components is concerned, have an online trawl to see which works out better.