Cordoba hotels: early March

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2024, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! confirming thoughts on best Cordoba hotels: looking for best location, smaller, lux/boutique type, good breakfast:
Our considerations (DH and me, we are picky travelers in our early 60s enjoying food/wine, smaller properties with great service and good beds, great service and good locations). This is for a 2 night stay!

-Hotel Balcon de Cordoba
-Hospes Palacio del Bailio
- Hotel Madinat

Thank you!!
Old Jan 14th, 2024, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by pattytravel
Hello! confirming thoughts on best Cordoba hotels: looking for best location, smaller, lux/boutique type, good breakfast:
Our considerations (DH and me, we are picky travelers in our early 60s enjoying food/wine, smaller properties with great service and good beds, great service and good locations). This is for a 2 night stay!

-Hotel Balcon de Cordoba
-Hospes Palacio del Bailio
- Hotel Madinat

Thank you!!

I will be in Cordoba inn early March, for 5 nights. I looked at the Madinat but eventually chose the Palacio de Bailo; several posters here, including the Spain expert, Maribel, highly recommended the hotel and I am very happy with my choice. In addition to other things, I like the fact that it is not in the central tourist area. If Cordoba is at all similar to Sevilla, I will like that out of the fray location very much. (Do not remember Madinat location; I think the Hospes Palacio is considered the best in the city). But you might want to book very soon. I put in some random dates in early March and they only had the "dreamer's" rooms available which I think are the equivalent to standard rooms.
Old Jan 14th, 2024, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

thank you!
Old Jan 15th, 2024, 12:05 AM

My response on your other thread'
"For your Córdoba choices in terms of amenities, I would rate Palacio del Bailío first, then Balcón de Córdoba then Madinat"
The Bailío is considered Córdoba's top hotel.
Old Jan 15th, 2024, 05:41 AM

Patty travel, I stayed at the Palacio del Bailio in late November (2023) and absolutely loved it—from location to beauty to service it was perfect. Remember to reserve your (free) one hour per day in the Roman baths prior to your trip. It’s a lovely way to unwind. I don’t ever eat breakfast, but did there because it looked so lovely and I wanted to sip my tea in the dining room which is over Roman ruins.
Old Jan 15th, 2024, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by studenttobe
Patty travel, I stayed at the Palacio del Bailio in late November (2023) and absolutely loved it—from location to beauty to service it was perfect. Remember to reserve your (free) one hour per day in the Roman baths prior to your trip. It’s a lovely way to unwind. I don’t ever eat breakfast, but did there because it looked so lovely and I wanted to sip my tea in the dining room which is over Roman ruins.
Studentobe: Thank you for the tip on booking the baths at the Palacio de Bailio. Can you tell me: What did the bath hour include? Soaking And massage? Is the water warm (I read one reviewer who said they were very cold but who knows!?!). I am quite excited about Cordoba; I was there once, in the 70s!!
Old Jan 15th, 2024, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Maribel
My response on your other thread'
"For your Córdoba choices in terms of amenities, I would rate Palacio del Bailío first, then Balcón de Córdoba then Madinat"
The Bailío is considered Córdoba's top hotel.
Thank you Maribel! Posts crossed! I appreciate your insight as usual!
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 04:34 AM

Ekscrunchy—the one hour includes only time in the Roman baths (no massage). The bath area is subterranean and quiet, very lovely. There is a small square hot bath (like a hot tub but with no jets, and the hot was less hot than a hot tub, but very comfortable), a warm bath (which was actually somewhere between warm and slightly cool-it was also comfortable) and a large cold bath (that was not cold plunge cold, but it was cool). You wear a swimsuit as it’s a shared space but not with many people because of the reservation system. I found it very peaceful. (I booked separately on a pay for service basis several treatments in the lovely spa—a pedicure, facial, and massage. All were very nicely done and made the time at Palacio feel very indulgent. I’m glad you are going to back to Cordoba. I loved the city, hotel, and food. I can’t wait for a chance to go back.
Old Apr 8th, 2024, 09:23 PM

Dreamer room

Could you tell me more about the dreamer room at the Hospes del Bailo? Thank you.
Old Apr 9th, 2024, 06:04 AM

I stayed in the “Loft Room” at the Hospes (it was a free upgrade) and loved it. Very spacious, full of light, very quiet, and beautiful.
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 03:43 AM
Original Poster

Hospes

We stayed in one of the rooms on the second floor, which was a “upgrade” of sorts. They cannot upgrade us to a higher category than the deluxe room that we had originally booked because the hotel was full.
The room was very spacious and comfortable
It had a large bathroom with Shower & Tub.
At the entrance to the room, there was a small sitting area with two large comfortable chairs and side table. We enjoyed our stay there.