Search

Cordoba driving

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Utpal

Cordoba driving

On my way from Malaga to Toledo, I will stop for a few hours in Cordoba, mainly to see the Mezquita. Can anyone suggest a safe place to park the car. I guess I am a little paranoid about my car getting broken into. Thanks.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 04:27 AM
James Steel

Parking in the centre of Cordoba is a nightmare! I found that crossing the old bridge i.e. to the other side of the river so that you are facing the Mezquita, that there was street parking. There is a new hotel development on this side (you wont miss it) and parking along this road was possible and save in the day time. Sorry I am so vague, but can not remember the street names. I found driving in Cordoba much easier than Granada and Seville. You shouldn’t have to much trouble.<BR>Enjoy.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Utpal

Thanks a lot James. I can vaguely remember seeing a travel post recommending parking on the otherside and west of Puente Romano. Your recommendation pretty much matches that. From the map it looks like the street could be Av. de la Confederaci&oacute;n and the hotel could be Hesperia C&oacute;rdoba. The hotel has a parking garage, but it may be only for their guests. Isn't a parking plaza preferable to an on street parking ?

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 05:59 AM
John

We parked across the bridge and it was dead easy to walk to all the sights in the old town. Note that there are guys who will offer to watch your car (hint, hint) in this area. I wasn't sure of the local tradition, so I played it safe (okay, I'm a wimp) and paid the guy a couple of bucks (or a zillion pesetas, whatever), plus I parked next to a cluster of German tour buses where I figured someone would squawk if something happened. Nothing did.<BR><BR>In general, though, leaving stuff in your car in Spain is a poor idea.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Utpal

John: &quot;leaving stuff in your car in Spain is a poor idea.&quot;<BR>You have just confirmed why I am paranoid. May be I could be better off parking near the train station, if there are some nearby parking plaza and keep my luggage in the station locker.<BR>

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Utpal

Just received this email reply from [email protected] against my parking plaza enquiry:<BR>&quot;There is a parking near PLaza del Potro, and another one called Alc&aacute;zar in<BR>Avda. Fleming, and both are near the Mezquita.<BR>Best regards.&quot;<BR><BR>These people are nice. They have replied my email within a day. Using the cordoba map at http://www.2abookings.com/maps.htm I have nailed down the exact locations.<BR>